Allowing citizens to spawn pots and seeds
@Snowredwolf

Wouldn't it simply be smarter to have the pots despawn like contraband? That way organized "farmers" would actually have to do more than have someone log in via VPN and alt accounts to produce the pots?

Or the "legal" way to do it

Call their friend (msg/whatever) and have them come on, spawn the pots, then leave.

Both issues have happened and I'm sure the latter one still does.

The number of Entities might be a concern, but if it is, you presently have no system in place to prevent the issue you imagine could happen, and the idea of spawning in that many pots can presently happen, regardless of if one job can or cannot spawn them, as 3 jobs can, and the pots don't go away after you switch jobs or leave.

See the point? Either way, the 75 x 5 math exists now, except it's not limited on the 75 aspect. 75 is merely the limited number of people on the server, it doesn't include any previous pots.

If someone, (clans have done this), gets their friends to join, drops pots, hold job slot for next friend, then rotate them through, you are still going to have the 40-50 pot farms. I think the fact that you've encountered farms in excess of those numbers and not recognized that the issue has existed for years, is kinda shocking. I remember rolling up on an administrator, as a moderator, whom was in possession of over 200 pots, just on his one farm, not to include all of the other contrafarmers on the map at that time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allowing citizens to spawn pots and seeds - by Deleted User - 07-17-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Allowing citizens to spawn pots and seeds - by Old Man Jokhah - 11-21-2016, 03:00 AM