Building Rules... Land of Confusion.
As it's been mentioned before, this is all because we cannot trust everyone to RP properly, albeit the admin team does try their very best, I'm sure.

People will always have malevolent wishes and act accordingly to ruin the fun of other people. We cannot TRUST them not to use their freedoms for bad things.

As for the ladder dilemma, we really have to think about it when balancing sufficient RP and defendability. I'm pretty certain that if allowed, most people will just sneak to the base walls and spawn the ladder afterwards to be "stealthy".

This is not how it would go IRLy, because ladders do not appear from hammerspace like "spawning" them makes it seem. In addition, larger places, surrounded by low fences, such as MTL would fall victim to "ladder-snipers" or hostile forces sneaking in from the back. The ability to defend the perimeter of such a large area with only 6 people (normal full gang size), is not going to happen. Especially if all of them are not even standing guard.

The rules are and enforcing them is simply the cause of the subjects being self-explanetory to people. The sanctions that would apply in real life have been diminished and death is a slap on the wrist.

But I ramble. It all comes down to not stepping on anyone's toes or rights. Because of that, liberties must be controlled via sanctions.

People have mentioned about informing an admin beforehand. This is a good way of getting stuff done, I recommend you do that. Heck, I've build a huge gateway into the city with approval of an admin!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building Rules... Land of Confusion. - by Iban - 12-04-2011, 06:25 PM