Why Are Moderators Still Handling PRs
(07-01-2016, 11:58 PM)Agorith Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 11:44 PM)Midget Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 09:16 PM)Agorith Wrote: I handled about a thousand PR's sortaspeak when I was still a mod and did the job just fine.
Many current admins have handled PR's in their time as a mod and did it just fine aswell for that matter.

There's nothing wrong with allowing moderators to handle PR's.
We still have to move them anyway once they've approved or denied them, and personally I overlook them before moving them to approved or denied anyway.

It was pretty clearly pointed out that moderators were not supposed to handle player reports. I also think it should be a role of an administrator to do tasks like that. 

If you say there is nothing wrong with letting the moderators deal with ban requests why not give them access to move threads? 

In my opinion the Moderator rank is not a "rank under admin" it is a trial rank to see how the player would do as an administrator. This also means the community and team shouldn't be placing too much responsibility into a trial rank where you are not sure if he will do it properly.

What is the point of having a trial rank if the person can do anything an administrator rank can do? That completely eliminates the point of having the rank in the first place. 

In turn, this also illustrates that a promotion to administrator is more of a different colour name than added responsibility and trust.

Well precisely like you said yourself, it's a rank to see how he or she would do with this much responsibility.
The point of them not being able to move it themselves is like I said earlier this way the threads still has to be moved and it makes it easier to overlook and have a final review on the thread when having to move them.

To be fair you'd need a rather high amount of trust placed in you already in the first place in order to get promoted to moderator.
Once you do and you get promoted to moderator the point of the rank is to see how well the person can perform as a staff member, and let us make a final decision on whether or not we can entrust them with even more responsibility and more difficult tasks.

There are ALOT of topics that do not get shared with moderators, at all.
There's far more responsibility required in being an administrator opposed to being a moderator, you can just take my word for that I suppose as I obviously can not go in depth regarding this topic.

Edit: I thought it was worthy of editing ''alot'' by putting it in bold, capital letters.
It seems highly inefficient to have an admin look over the case another time after a moderator has already made a verdict on the case.
Since these cases can be very unique it should sometimes be tricky to review them. Then after it is reviewed once, it needs to be reviewed a second time in order to make sure the moderator did the job correctly.
This should also take time considering the administrator also has to look through the entire case and make sure the verdict was correct.
I am just stating this method of doing things seems highly inefficient instead of letting the administrators deal with the cases themselves. 

Or is this a capacity issue? Is there not enough administrators that can handle the player reports so the extra help of the moderators are appreciated? - Like it was before. 
I also always thought the moderators job was more focused on the server and not the forum. I also believe this was mentioned when the rank was introduced.

Indeed, I suppose there are a lot of topics that do not get shared with moderators. I also think this is because the rank was originally intended for focusing mainly on the servers.

The fact that you say that you "obviously" can't go in depth in what kind of tasks an administrator has, makes me skeptical.
What is the liability in sharing what kind of tasks an administrator does?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.

Messages In This Thread
Why Are Moderators Still Handling PRs - by Marty - 07-01-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Why Are Moderators Still Handling PRs - by Haarek - 07-02-2016, 12:34 AM