Crashing on a MacBook Pro
So I've been playing CityRP on my Mac since 2013 and I'm just going to point out that Macs don't run well when it comes to Garry's Mod servers, it's a known fact. If you really want to improve your gameplay and consistency as a whole I'd suggest boot camping your Mac to Windows, it's quite easy, and to be honest it runs quite smooth. I personally sometimes get bored with Mac games and bootcamp mine just because I want to play one game for a week, but hey, up to you.

So I've had your problem around ten times. It seems as if you're missing a certain material or texture, and your client won't connect to the server without it, which is quite inconsistent and aggravating. I've tried just placing a blank .png file where the file is supposed to go, but the list just keeps going on and on. What I've done is quite simple.

A really quick method is to go into your options and disable downloading multiplayer content. Try joining the server and if you encounter the same problem, read ahead.

Another easy method, but not guaranteed to work. To begin you will have to start Garry's Mod up and unsubscribe from all of your addons. Then you're going to have to go into your Library and get into your Garry's Mod folder. Next go to the addons folder within the Garry's Mod directory and delete every single file. After that, start up Garry's Mod and make sure nothing is downloading from the workshop. If that's the case, which it should be, you can go into your options and disable the downloading content option in the multiplayer tab. Finally try joining the server. If you get in and don't have any textures that's fine, just redownload them after joining the server with a clean slate, but try to avoid downloading any other unneeded content from the workshop, as it can conflict with the Fearless addons.

If that didn't work, you'll have to do the following: First, start Garry's Mod and unsubscribe from all of your addons. After that, go into your Garry's Mod folder and enter the addons folder, located inside the folder prior. Delete all of the files and start up Garry's Mod, ensuring that no addons are downloading. Then exit Garry's Mod and delete the local content from Steam in your library. Next you should delete the Garry's Mod folder itself. Finally just redownload Garry's Mod and join the Fearless servers without any addons, you can either let them download partially from the Fast DL thing, or disable the multiplayer content option. Then you can freely download the Fearless addons and try and join back.

If all else fails, bootcamp.

Sincerely,
Falc.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by OliverBurke - 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by OliverBurke - 05-01-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by Merle - 05-02-2016, 02:48 AM
RE: Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by Darkside - 05-03-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by Falcon - 05-04-2016, 01:40 AM
RE: Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by Vimpto - 05-06-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Crashing on a MacBook Pro - by OliverBurke - 05-07-2016, 04:07 PM