Adjust the rules/definition of semi-RP abit?
Hello there.

I want to bring up something rather frustrating for me and others I've played with.

I think the server could need some kind of definition of home semi-serious it is, and I will explain why:

I will list up a couple of scenarios.

1. Me and a friend was out driving in the city. We were driving a mustang, and talked via voice-chat. I commented a guys building, told my mate inside the car that I was selling weed, when a police-officer ran after my car, and forced me to stop, for confessing that I sold drugs.

I think that when you drive a car, more importantly a mustang with a big, roary engine, a person shouldn't be able to hear what people say inside the car. And even when the windows is closed? I feel that it's rather fail-RP to use that information this way, and actually arrest us.

Is this too serious?

2. I think that we should have higher requirements for being police on the server. I have numerous times been arrested for saying "I didn't do it, for fucks sake, are you stupid?" to a policeman, for "being disrespective".

I even called an admin once, who stated for the officer that he can't arrest me for being disrespectfull UNLESS there is a law under /laws that actually states that this is illegal. And this happens almost everytime I play, and I check the laws before I start being disrespective (Why would I comply for something I didn't do?)

And the next one will be an addon to this higher police-requirements.

3. Scenario: I drive into the city, fairly fast, and a cops sees me and starts chasing me. I get around a corner, and manage to ditch my car and run to a more public place to blend out.

This one is by far the most annoying one, and happends OFTEN. The officers see my name, like metagaming, and when they see me out on the street, they arrest me. I often ask why they suspect me, and they say "Because I saw it was you, I saw your name". That IS metagaming. And let's be honest, if I'm that bold man with green and black sweater, there are 10 more of those surrounding me, how could they "see" it was me? And EVEN without asking for my ID/taking fingerprints/checking my ID against a database or so on?

Officers on the server (not everyone) arrest you without ANY form of proof but your OOC-name which they recognize, and how is that RPing? RPing would be after a carchase, when they saw the same vehicle to stop me, ask for driverslicense, check the licenseplate and so on, but hell no, they point the gun and demand you out and arrest you, even when not knowing your name. That's metagaming to me.

And even yesterday, I was standing outside a store, when the storeowner came out with a gun and pointed at me. I did say "This was an ugly store", but when 7 officers surrounded us, an SRU said he saw me harrass him (I harrassed his store) from nexus and I was at the two-storied building in the intersection with gas-station and macdonalds. HOW can an SRU "see" that I harrass when my character was staring at a wall?
______________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know about you guys, but this is clearly not RPing, and I don't know what you put in semi-serious, but if I I can be arrested for "maybe" being seen doing something, I should atleast be given some kind of right to run away without fearRP, because it's just not fair. (And I know the world is not fair, but come on.) And I don't hestitate on calling admins, but there are hours where there are no admins.

Does anyone agree/disagree? How could we avoid situations like this?

Messages In This Thread
Adjust the rules/definition of semi-RP abit? - by WillyVodka - 07-03-2015, 03:29 PM