[Rule] "Classified/unknown" jobnames.
Titel of suggestion: Forbid to have "classified" or "unknown" set as your jobname.

Description: I would like to see that a rule is implemented that forbids players to have a "hidden" jobname for others. Often i see organisations walking around with this jobname. And however its understandable why this /job is used (preventing metagaming) its often abused by players. I would like a rule that forbids this jobname or at least forces players to have a jobname that everyone can see.

Why: Like i stated in my description the "classified" job gets often abused. a small example:

A few days ago a SRU was shooting at some corleones. The corleones were pinned down pretty badly and more goverment was on the way. All of the sudden a guy came up to the SRU and shot him in the head. When the SRU asked in OOC why he was shot by a citizen the citizen responded: "I am a corleone associate". When i checked out his job it was set to "classified". I was infact on of the corleone members, and i can tell you that we had no idea that this guy was our "ally" or that he was helping us. 

Due to the fact that he set his job to "classified" he got away with a clear RDM. And i feel this happens more often. Some players who have this job set are using this to get away with numerous different RP situations, in a way that suits them best.

I feel there is no reason to hide your job name for other players. The "option" to fill in your job is there for a reason. I understand that it prevents metagaming but i think that currently the job itself causes more trouble then the actual metagamer's.

Messages In This Thread
[Rule] "Classified/unknown" jobnames. - by Baskingner - 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM