We, the Admins
The Admins are there to fend off rulebreakers and minges. We also warn those who do things such as flaming, questioning admins and being a nuiscance to others on the forums. We give out warnings to those who spam threads and flame others (forum administrating is also the job of a Moderator, i.e. me).

Here's a message I recieved after I warned someone because they decided to post a big thread on how Nudel should be demoted - when he could have just talked to Soul (or indeed, Nudel - but not every single person):

Lazers Wrote:I WAS WARNED?! This is incredible. Eugh. It's true that there is no such thing as a 'fair' admin. They all think that they're so much better than us mortal players.

I liked fearless RP, its fun, it has a great community. And then there's the admins, who go out of their way to make the game miserable for you.

(As a fact, the warning was one point - and it only lasts for no more than day)

I'll point out part of it:
"And then there's the admins, who go out of their way to make the game miserable for you."

Now Lazers, why don't you try being an admin for a day? Why don't you all try being an admin for a day?

"They all think that they're so much better than us mortal players."
We do not.
Admins are mortal as well. Everyone seems to think that an admin is a robot who makes the correct decision every time, and has pixel-perfect judgement.
We are not robots.

Nor are admins telepathic. We can't look at a million clones and instantly point out the original standing somewhere in the crowd. We can't pick out a rulebreaker if we don't have enough proof.

If an admin makes a mistake, talk to them. If they ban someone due to false claims or misunderstandings, post an un-ban request. Don't freak out and say that the admin should be demoted. Admins have their reasons.

The worst thing is, when an admin makes a bad decision, everybody makes a big deal. As I mentioned before, we are not robots. We are not gods either. We are regular human beings like all of you are. We, the admins, have a life outside gaming altogether.

If you're going to send me hate-mail because I made a bad decision, don't.

Being an admin is harder than you think. Much harder.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles

Messages In This Thread
We, the Admins - by Ms. Mudpie - 08-08-2010, 03:45 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by DemonoiD - 08-08-2010, 03:47 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by Lazers - 08-08-2010, 04:36 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by Skaara Dreadlocks - 08-08-2010, 05:26 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by Paven - 08-08-2010, 06:57 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by Nudelholz - 08-08-2010, 07:44 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by M.K - 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM
RE: We, the Admins - by Kenny - 08-09-2010, 07:35 AM