We need to have a talk about Suits/Dresses As a cop.
(05-06-2013, 09:53 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Semi-serious mostly makes its difference with the game pace, meaning there's no need for '/me's everywhere, no dice-rolling to see if your power-game goes through and what not.

Yes, but this also means you are not as strict on how people should roleplay. There is a foundation of whats right and whats wrong. But we are given a bit more freedom of how our roleplays set in place. Of what we can build, were we can build it (within reason), and how to execute roleplay events.

Like earlier on today I saw a bunch of people make their own town with their own president with their own cops at MTL. It was a small town yes but it was lovely. As there was 2 Towns trading goods and other stuff to each other.

In a Serious server I bet you couldn't do that because you are set to one city and can not start another one even if its has good roleplay value it in. The freedom of how we can have fun is one of the main reasons I have come to love Fearless. And as much as I follow the rules and understand why they are set in place. What I fail to see why put such a strict rule on Suits.

People donate their good hard earned money to provide the server income to keep adding additional content such as new severs and maintain existing ones. And with such money they get in return a package that gives them the perk of playing the SS class, having their salary doubled and the ability to wear Suits.

Suits are like TF2 hats in a way. It's mostly a cosmetic item. You don't really NEED them to have a great roleplay experience. You can use them to enhance it. But they are not needed. If they were needed everyone would be able to access these suits. Such as the Gas Mask suit. Anyone can access it with enough RP points. The difference between that suit and the others is that the Gas Mask suit was meant to be used in Roleplay as the normal suits are just there to look nice.

The way you are stating this in this thread is that the SS and Officers can not wear suits because you don't see officers and such make arrest or patrolling the city in said dress or suit. But if that's the case why not limit the suits to all casses instead of Government? You don't see Rebels in the streets of the US in fancy suits causing mayhem. You don't normally see people in a dress gunning down officers because they are going to get arrested for having contraband in their house.

You also just stated yourself "It's not against a rule to wear a suit however it is against the rules to commit nonsensical, unrealistic or in general Fail RP." There is so much realism you can squeeze out of a game like garrys mod. Also you say its is FailRP to wear a suit if it doesn't fit the need of the roleplay. Well mate, my counter to that is I am a female officer. I wear a suit to identify myself as female as it is apart of my roleplay thus it not being FailRP. Unless you tell me roleplaying as a female is FailRP. I do not see anything wrong with me wearing one as you just stated yet again "It's not against a rule to wear a suit"

I now rest my case my good sir.
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need to have a talk about Suits/Dresses As a cop. - by MikeyTheFox - 05-06-2013, 10:40 AM