Confusion regarding contraband.
Question 
So I was talking to some people regarding the use of contraband by 'merchants' in the game. At first, I went along the lines of it is okay for BMDs but no contraband possession for gundealers or chefs AT ALL. However, after some discussion I realised a slight ambiguity regarding the rule.

7. You cannot raid as a Doctor, Chef, Gun dealer, BMD, Taxi driver, or Security guard. For any of these jobs you cannot base with rebels, corleones, or any other group of specific people. Do not make a contra base as any of these jobs as the purpose of these jobs is to provide a service for the city, not lock themselves in a room and "contra whore".

That is the rule; I am aware part of it is not wholly relevant but it comes under this.

Now after some discussion and checking this I realised that you cannot properly 'base' as a BMD which I thought you could, going around making deliveries but also coming 'home' to secure your contraband. Some other players also talked about the fact that with this rule, it is acceptable to possess contraband as a merchant but not to 'base' with it.

An example would be a gundealer who sets up a store and sells ammunition and weapons as usual, but has a backroom for his contraband to make money on the side.

Now I am still not convinced this is allowed, some people pointed to this rule and said contraband possession was acceptable for merchants as long as they didn't contrawhore, so I am making this thread to set things straight.

Clearly, contrawhoring as a merchant is against the rules, but is possessing contraband for making money on the side against the rules too?

An admin's input would be greatly appreciated,
Adman

Messages In This Thread
Confusion regarding contraband. - by Adman - 08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by BlackDog - 08-03-2012, 11:43 PM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by Haarek - 08-07-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by BlackDog - 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by Ruxandra - 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by Haarek - 08-08-2012, 06:25 AM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by Adman - 08-07-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by Haarek - 08-07-2012, 01:44 PM
RE: Confusion regarding contraband. - by Arxxy - 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM