is this allowed?
Essentially you are allowed defences that protect your entire body, however these would be futile as you, theoretically cannot shoot back. The most common form of defence is a bullet proof prop contraption that you can shoot from but when you come under fire you can crouch and wait until you can return fire; essentially like real life.
The things that are disallowed for doomforts are defences that make it impossible for the raiding party to either get to you or to kill you. So defences where you can kill them whilst keypad cracking would be illegal, any form of prop contraption that allows you to kill them but there is no way for them to shoot you (fade 'n' shoot type areas are included in this) are also banned.
That is why I suggested that the 'hanging prop' defence would be banned, it allows you to kill them but, due to their inability to move back the same distance that you can, they wouldn't be able to hit you.

(07-25-2012, 08:15 PM)KeyofChaos Wrote: Like a bunker that protects my head and legs isnt ok?

I think I understand what you mean here, a collection of props that offer a gap for you to shoot through so that when standing up you are able to be hit but when crouching down you cannot be hit? If this is what you mean then this is a commonly used form of defence.

Essentially, as long as there is a way that the raiding part can actually get to you, i.e no propblock or floating bases, and that they have a way of killing you then there is nothing wrong. Theoretically, the doomforting rules are there to stop 'unraidable' bases, if you have planned out and made a good base you should always have the advantage.

I hope this clears things up a little.

Messages In This Thread
is this allowed? - by KeyofChaos - 07-25-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: is this allowed? - by Nevy - 07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: is this allowed? - by KeyofChaos - 07-25-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: is this allowed? - by Ms. Mudpie - 07-25-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: is this allowed? - by Adman - 07-25-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: is this allowed? - by KeyofChaos - 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM
RE: is this allowed? - by Adman - 07-27-2012, 01:01 PM