What genre do you dislike the most... and why?
(06-15-2012, 04:19 PM)DumbAssss -_- Wrote: Some people think that kind Crabcore and Metalcore (for instance: Abandon All Ships or Of Mice and Men), is just pointless, meaningless shouting with guitars on steroids. However, if you listen to the song Second and Sebring by Of Mice and Men with the lyrics open in another tab, the lyrics are actually really powerful. The song was dedicated to Austin's (lead vocalist) mother who died when he was younger - to which he quotes "This time I'll make you proud..." and also "This is not what it is, only baby scars, I need you love like I boy needs his mothers side".

Every gig he performs, he actually sheds a tear, so although it may be just shouting to one person, its meaningful phrasing to another. (Just my point of view) Cheese

This song is about Austin's mother who died in 2007 of Marfan Syndrome. She died in their family home in Sebring ct. on the corner of 2nd street, hence the name. The song is saying that she taught him so much, and although he misses her he is moving on from his grieving to do what she would want him to do, which is be successful. This song tells that his goal in life is to make his mother proud, and he is letting her know that. It's pretty obvious, actually, if you actually listen to the lyrics.
Second & sebring - of mice & men the normal singing is realy beautiful but the screams are too soft they should try to grouwl and not scream Cheese!!
[Image: coffeejr.png]

My character
Name: Coffee Jr Jones
Money: 101679
Donator: 207 days
Time played: 361 Hours
RP Points: 11

The following 1 user Likes Coffee Jr's post:
  • VerteX

Messages In This Thread
RE: What genre do you dislike the most... and why? - by Coffee Jr - 06-15-2012, 04:28 PM