Police in England - Something I read in the papers.
Ok, so basically I was reading an old local newspaper based on Teesside, (NE) England. In it, I saw a story about how a man rang the police to report two men who were raiding his garden shed at night and stealing stuff.

The police replied "Unfortunately no one is available to respond in your area at the moment but someone will be there as soon as possible." - The man rang back almost 2 minutes after hanging up and basically said this:

"Hi, I just rang about two men raiding my garden shed, well it doesn't matter about the police coming now because I've shot them both."

Suprise, the police immediately turned up in minutes with: A helicopter, 2 Dog Squads, Armed Response and numerous cars. They caught the thieves and arrested them, then talking to the man saying "I thought you said you'd shot them?" - to which he replied "I thought you said no one was in the area?"

To me this just goes to show how much we rely on the police but how badly they do their jobs.

Discuss now.

Messages In This Thread
Police in England - Something I read in the papers. - by VerteX - 06-09-2012, 06:18 PM