Finally getting a new PC (Well, I hope so)
(06-05-2012, 09:12 PM)wweee2345 Wrote: Heres my advice:

- Drop the SSD drive down to a 60GB for a boot drive, then buy maybe a 500 GB HDD drive for storage. Meaning that you get a 2-3 second boot for the PC, but still have a reasonable amount of storage for games, programs, etc. There's no need to buy a really large SSD drive unless you are writing a lot of data and you save about $40-$50 to make up for the cost of the other HDD. I run my Steam client and store all the games on an external drive, you could do that if youd like, but if the external drive is disconnected, it causes issues with the Steam client. Helps with portability though, if you dont want to carry your hard drive everywhere.

- Ivy Bridges are a decent line of CPUs, but if you were wishing to overclock it to high clock speeds, than chances are you are going to fry the CPU. The Ivy Bridge uses a much smaller heat dye than the Sandy Bridge series all for the sake of a 22 nm CPU technology. I would just keep back a generation with the i5-2500K Sandy Bridge, it overclocks better and is about $50 cheaper for about a 10% performance drop.

- Not to say that the PSU you picked is too much, but if you were wanting to save money, you could definitely buy a smaller one. Be Quiet! brand is considered a Tier 3 brand meaning it is stable, but could have some issues. Seasonic and Corsair are well known and solid brands as well.

- The graphic card is solid, I use a more modified version of it being the 448 CUDA core edition and have no issues with FPS on any of the above mentioned games. Though it will depends on the resolution of your monitor and how high you run it. The higher the resolution , the more VRAM your graphic card requires. Some games also just require higher usage of VRAM like GTA 4, so a GTX 670 is a pretty solid GPU, if you were looking to player games that require more VRAM. Otherwise good choice on the card.

Ruskin, I will beat you to the next one. Till we meet again!

Wweee, we will see about that Smile

I agree with all of his suggestions. Wweee, do you notice any of your steam games running slow on the portable drive? Since it is USB connected it is slower, however it must not have a large affect on the games you play.

I have never seen Be Quiet! Brand on PSU's. newegg must not carry that brand.

As he said before it is an already built PC, so he might not be able to make some of the changes you specified. But, they are all good changes.
[Image: kby7oh.jpg]

Thanks Reliqua (:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally getting a new PC (Well, I hope so) - by Ruskin - 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM