In-game speaking Problems
So, this issue has never occurred before. My mic in game works most of the time, but at some random occasions it would never show up for other people. I spent around 5 minutes talking to someone before they notified me that I wasn't speaking and that there was just silence. This is not my mic because my mic works perfectly fine on other servers and on discord.

Can someone help me?
-Pat
Hmmm, that is strange. I was there witnessing it, are you using push to talk or is it picking up your voice?
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
If you experience this problem try typing "snd_restart" in console and test the microphone within the Garry's mod options. Let me know if this helps.
Where am I?
(09-13-2019, 08:18 PM)Grizzly Wrote: Hmmm, that is strange. I was there witnessing it, are you using push to talk or is it picking up your voice?

I was using push to talk on the usual key that I use it. It is picking up my voice fine and the echo thingy in the settings is picking up my voice.
(09-13-2019, 08:21 PM)Pat Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 08:18 PM)Grizzly Wrote: Hmmm, that is strange. I was there witnessing it, are you using push to talk or is it picking up your voice?

I was using push to talk on the usual key that I use it. It is picking up my voice fine and the echo thingy in the settings is picking up my voice.

This is a quick hardware solution, I doubt this is the problem but It is more than worth a try, are you sure it is not the key? Maybe its a bit wobbly or it is not always being pressed down enough, if so try changing keys and see if that works.
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(09-13-2019, 08:23 PM)Grizzly Wrote:

This is a quick hardware solution, I doubt this is the problem but It is more than worth a try, are you sure it is not the key? Maybe its a bit wobbly or it is not always being pressed down enough, if so try changing keys and see if that works.

It is 100% not the key, it shows up on my screen that I am talking in game with my name in the bottom right. But my name does not show up for other people in the bottom right saying that I am talking.
(09-13-2019, 08:24 PM)Pat Wrote:

It is 100% not the key, it shows up on my screen that I am talking in game with my name in the bottom right. But my name does not show up for other people in the bottom right saying that I am talking.

most likely not hardware then, have you tried Ducktards solution, if not I can possibly look into some answers
Kind Regards,
Grizzly
(09-13-2019, 08:25 PM)Grizzly Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 08:24 PM)Pat Wrote:

most likely not hardware then, have you tried Ducktards solution, if not I can possibly look into some answers

Ducktard's suggestion did not work, it was the first thing I had done.
Turns out I am just stupid and had my voice set to whisper, requesting to be closed.
The following 1 user Likes User 21796's post:
  • Ducktard
Solved

Closed and Moved.
Kind Regards,
Emily
Fearless Donator