game not responding
Well i am trying to join the v2d server and gmod stops responding. :\
anyways i try to join half the screen is still loading it freezes on downloading xbox.supra? i cant join v33x because the game crashes when i walk out of the nexus. it was working earlier today i dont know what the problem is. Sad
Gmod is a very instable game in general. Have you tried re-installing it?
Respectfully,

Hooter
Have you tried joining single-player, then Fearless
If not, joining another Multiplayer server, then Fearless
That worked for my Friend who had the same problem
Reinstalling won't help you much, at least it never did that for me.

Try the following things:

(12-17-2011, 02:45 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
Code:
+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1600 -h 900 -windowed +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16

+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 = fix for engine hunk overflow

-heapsize 3145728 = Set how much memory in kb Garry's Mod is allowed to use. This is in my case 50% of my 6GB ram

+cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 = Settings to fix most buffer overflow crashes.

-dxlevel 80 = reducing graphical appearance for more performance and stability really important

-w 1600 = width of my window

-h 900 = height of my window

-windowed = sets Gmod to a window instead of fullscreen

+mat_antialias 8 = Set antialias to 8x, since dxlevel 80 doesn't remember my settings for some reason

+mat_forceaniso 16 = Set flitering mode to 16

The only error I still receive are reliable snapshot overflow.

Go to the garrysmod/garrysmod folder and delete the "cache" folder. Afterwards start up the map in singleplayer, disconnect and join the server. That does normally work...

Dare to think!
(02-01-2012, 06:42 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: Reinstalling won't help you much, at least it never did that for me.

Try the following things:

(12-17-2011, 02:45 PM)SoulRipper Wrote:
Code:
+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 -heapsize 3145728 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 -dxlevel 80 -w 1600 -h 900 -windowed +mat_antialias 8 +mat_forceaniso 16

+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 = fix for engine hunk overflow

-heapsize 3145728 = Set how much memory in kb Garry's Mod is allowed to use. This is in my case 50% of my 6GB ram

+cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 = Settings to fix most buffer overflow crashes.

-dxlevel 80 = reducing graphical appearance for more performance and stability really important

-w 1600 = width of my window

-h 900 = height of my window

-windowed = sets Gmod to a window instead of fullscreen

+mat_antialias 8 = Set antialias to 8x, since dxlevel 80 doesn't remember my settings for some reason

+mat_forceaniso 16 = Set flitering mode to 16

The only error I still receive are reliable snapshot overflow.

Go to the garrysmod/garrysmod folder and delete the "cache" folder. Afterwards start up the map in singleplayer, disconnect and join the server. That does normally work...

it is working now
(02-01-2012, 03:19 AM)[FoRTyKaY] nil Wrote: Well i am trying to join the v2d server and gmod stops responding. :\
anyways i try to join half the screen is still loading it freezes on downloading xbox.supra? i cant join v33x because the game crashes when i walk out of the nexus. it was working earlier today i dont know what the problem is. Sad

This happened to me too once, I searched it up on google and found a fix. Hopefully someone in the community knows how to.

Good luck there, buddy.