Report on Rupert Bear
Name of player: Rupert Bear

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:47619776

Time in GMT: 3:30ish PST

Server: v2d

Summary:
Strom and I enter the house. A gun is pointed at Rupert, and he is told to open the back door. He either stalls/refuses. He says "why?", says "I can't", attempts to leave the scene (he would have been able to had I not body blocked him) and shows no regard for the rules. We use both microphone and typing to convince him to open the door. He is told multiple times by both of us to dos so. Eventually, I call an admin. The admin ends up telling him to follow our commands. (You can operate a keypad when your hands are tied; none of our other hostages put up any problem previously.) Cops then raid. I cut it off there because it was irrelevant; Rupert doesn't open the door even after the mod says to follow our commands, and we die.

I would also like to point out that, even if he claims he didn't know that he can open the keypad when tied (I'm sure he did), he STILL doesn't after Holdem leaves (He doesn't die immediately; he is there for quite a while.) Also, check the beginning. Before he was tied, he was refusing to cooperate "Open the fading door" "Why?"

The only reason i was pissed enough to make the report was because we would have been able to at least run in there and temporarily hid from police. But his FailRP causes us to sit in that room while he does nothing but sit there and ruin the RP.

Evidence:
Quote:Rule 2.1f: *UPDATED* Orders must be given via voice or text communication to initiate a FearRP situation.

Your friend did not give me any orders up until I was about to leave. I was breaking no rule at that point as Fear RP was not initiated - all you had done is point a gun at me and give no instructions. So I tried to leave. You then blocked the door so I was unable to leave and gave an instruction: "To open the door". Now I did not know why you wanted to get back there and I thought this was a random raid, so I said: "Why, hold on" because I was going to type a quick @ message (which I did) stating you were randomly raiding me. By that time they were hostaging me for some reason.

So either you were also randomly hostaging me as well or you had broken rule (name) also:

Quote:8.7 *UPDATED* Using ropes is only for taking a player hostage. Do not use ropes for any other reason.

When they actually started to give me orders they told me to open a keypad, which I could not do as I was now tied up.

I've asked multiple people about this. And if all of these people didn't know (including Holdem) its pretty likely I didn't know either

[Image: b34abfd7c7ce483cddc943cc46286189.png]

[Image: 2b86ec962da521f68cb112b311a15222.png]

And it seems quite logical also that you would not be able to click buttons on a keypad whilst your hands are tied behind your back.

And also after Holdem went it was practically 5 seconds until the SRU stormed my house and killed us all.

My I just say that from my perspective it seemed like:
  • Random hostaging
  • Random raiding
  • Using ropes incorrectly

Again, that's from my perspective, you didn't explain why you were there, you wanted to go into the room in the back (which contained all of my contra) so I understandably didn't want you to go in there, especially if from my perspective it seems as if you broke multiple rules.

Thanks,

Rupert Bear
[Image: gBQQfUz.png]
Drop us a cheeky +REP, cheers (also know as Paddington Bear / Kerbal)
(03-21-2016, 12:51 AM)Paddington Bear Wrote: "Your friend did not give me any orders up until I was about to leave. I was breaking no rule at that point as Fear RP was not initiated - all you had done is point a gun at me and give no instructions. So I tried to leave."

Factually incorrect. FL rules:
"2.1c You cannot run away from someone when they have you at gunpoint."

You were at gunpoint. You ran away. Broke a rule already.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You then blocked the door so I was unable to leave and gave an instruction: "To open the door". Now I did not know why you wanted to get back there and I thought this was a random raid, so I said: "Why, hold on" because I was going to type a quick @ message (which I did) stating you were randomly raiding me. By that time they were hostaging me for some reason."

This is BS to save him. Anyone who doubts that can watch the video. He runs away when a gun is pointed at him. He just doesnt give a shit, he didnt want to have to do the RP. If this was actually true, he would have obeyed Holdem when he was told to follow our commands. But he didn't, because he's dishonest.

"2.1 You must follow FearRP. Your character must act afraid of life-threatening situations or of any weapons pointed at you."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So either you were also randomly hostaging me as well or you had broken rule"

"14.4 You must have a valid reason to raid players, i.e. contraband, burglary, and needing to take hostages are all valid reasons."

My job: Thug, Strom's Job: Ex-Con

We were clearly criminals, breaking into a slums-apartment room. Burglary was our reason. It is specifically stated as a valid reason.

"When they actually started to give me orders they told me to open a keypad, which I could not do as I was now tied up."

Yes, you can do it. I invite ANY admin to go on the server and try it. I have done it multiple times. It works. I would also like to add; even if it didn't work, he didn't even go over and attempt (had he attempted, he would have opened it) 
"I've asked multiple people about this. And if all of these people didn't know (including Holdem) its pretty likely I didn't know either"

I find it quite humorous that you think sending messages to your Steam friends is valid proof of anything lol. Regardless of whether you THOUGHT you could do it, you broke FearRP. We told you to do something. Had you attempted to do it, it would have worked. Even if you thought it would have failed, you are still obligated to follow our commands. You did not, and broke the rules.

One last addition. I wouldn't have had to tie him up if he didn't break FearRP and run awway from the gun pointed at him, in which case he couldn't have made this ridiculous excuse as to why he didn't open it (If he wasn't tied up he still wouldnt have, that's pretty clear)

"And also after Holdem went it was practically 5 seconds until the SRU stormed my house and killed us all."

This hilarious dishonesty is actually the entire reason I did not include the end of the video. It was over 30 seconds between when Holdem disappeared and when the police entered the apartment room. He is making up shit to save his ass, simple and plain. He had a very large amount of time to run over to the keypad and open it, and this was after Holdem told him to begin following our commands.

"Again, that's from my perspective, you didn't explain why you were there, you wanted to go into the room in the back (which contained all of my contra)"

Ah, another failure to understand the rules. If we have you under fearRP, we have 0 obligation to tell you our motives. We don't have to say shit, because it's an IC situation. We told you to open the backdoor and you didn't. You still didn't after Holdem told you to, for understandable reason, you broke the rules to keep your contraband. Thanks for revealing your motives, although they were obvious anyway.
I already went and told the person in question to follow commands when under gunpoint, issuing a verbal warning. After that the police proceeded to intervene and that was that.

I don't believe this person should be banned as a warning was already issued.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(03-21-2016, 02:11 AM)Holdem Wrote: I already went and told the person in question to follow commands when under gunpoint, issuing a verbal warning. After that the police proceeded to intervene and that was that.

I don't believe this person should be banned as a warning was already issued.

Yes
You told him to follow our commands
the police intervened, and?
We still had guns pointed to him. You corrected him, and he still didn't do what we had asked him to do.

Edit: Here's proof that even after you issued your warning, he didn't do anything He unarguably had time to do it before the cops actually came inside the building, but decided to sit there instead. He knew our demands clearly from the previous video, and he just chose to ignore fearRP, after he was told directly by you to follow what we said.
Denied.

Holdem has stated he issued a verbal warning to the player in question therefor no further action shall be taken.

Falcao
Fearless Administrator