Clarification needed concerning store/business robbing/extortion
There seems to be a gray area in the rules when it comes to robbing/extortion of stores/businesses. What I mean is that different community and staff members state different non-existent rules (it's not written in the actual server rules) about which stores/businesses can be extorted or robbed.

What I ask for is a clarification so that no more community members become banned for not following unwritten rules. I have seen this particular case happen more than once.

The following are the unwritten rules I have heard about:
  1. You can't rob/extort a business on the main street;
  2. You can't rob/extort any passive business (excluding gun dealers and black market dealers);
  3. You can only rob/extort a passive business if the business owner agrees to it OOCly;
  4. You can't ask for real money from businesses when robbing/extorting.

Which of these are true, if any? What CAN be robbed/extorted? It seems like you can't rob or extort any business these days.

Quote from the Reasons for raid/criminal activity explanation section of the rules Wrote:You can burgle shops for money, mug people in the streets, steal cars, raid rival businesses or criminal groups, break into a household to take hostages to make demands, and so on. Just make sure you follow all of the crime rules (section 16).

Section 16.1 states 'Do not steal or rob etc. without a valid roleplay reason.'
As a rebel or a Corleone, is your job not a sufficient reason to rob/extort a business? In real life, you do not rob/extort a business that you know from previous experience. You target random stores.
The following 3 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Lesanka, DVN, Tomo
You can rob stores on the main street but you do need the owners consent else you will be destroying a Passive RP, however you cannot take real in-game cash from the store as it would be like mugging in the main street. I once did an RP where I was rebel and robbed some jewelry store, as Rebels are poor it fitted my description to rob the store. I first asked permission if we could do this and he agreed and everything went smoothly. There currently is no rule on this but there needs to be one.

Some Admins do have different opinions, this may be an upcoming rule, I don't know.
[Image: alfred.png]
First of all, I feel extortion is a valid reason and it's technically not robbing as you generally do provide a service in the end. It would make no sense to ban people from robbing stores on the main street as that's the main area for stores.

Extortion, if done well is always more passive than aggressive if they keep up with payments. I feel it would be appropriate to allow this on the main street.