Citizen raiding for contraband
I've been thinking for a while about something; you know when your playing as a citizen if you hear contraband you cant raid, you can only call the cops. What if your selected (F1) is citizen but you did the /job command and changed it? Could you get banned or would you count as NOT being a citizen?

For example if somebody did /job Scruff (not best example) could that person raid because of being a civilian?

(I cant find the rule that says but i know for sure it is one)
Thanks for the help.

My next reply/response will be tommorow around 3:30 in the afternoon. Goodnight Smile
Reminds me of a bit of Powergaming, if I may say.
Indeed seeing as IRL I you were A lawyer you wouldn't suddenly rip yer suit off, and turn in a mercenary because you saw someone producing narcortcs in house

I'm gonna say its bannable
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
(11-27-2013, 10:32 PM)Jarz Wrote: Reminds me of a bit of Powergaming, if I may say.

why is that?
You are using a job for the sole perpose of the power I prossess
Kinda like being a corrupt agg cop
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Well if you would actually RP as a criminal a like job. I think you could raid someone then.

But if you want to be sure you have to ask someone of the FL team. They will probably reply here soon.
You have to remember to roleplay realistically. A citizen won't see contraband and think "Oh well, I'm sure I can take those armed thugs on!".

If you are RPing a custom job, RP it to the final extent. That means you can't do /job somethingwrittenhere and go around merrily raiding. You need to have a reason for it ("i iz poor need d money" is not a valid reason) and make your entire RP about that. Do everything your character would do if he were a person who would raid for contraband. Have a safe-house, a reason, contacts and every aspect of that RP is to be fitting. If it isn't fitting, you'll get punished.
(11-27-2013, 10:40 PM)TuftyGoblin Wrote:
(11-27-2013, 10:32 PM)Jarz Wrote: Reminds me of a bit of Powergaming, if I may say.

why is that?

Because you're changing your characters job just to be able to raid, and to get the benefits from destroying contranband. That's pretty much Powergaming right there.
(11-28-2013, 01:26 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote: You have to remember to roleplay realistically. A citizen won't see contraband and think "Oh well, I'm sure I can take those armed thugs on!".

If you are RPing a custom job, RP it to the final extent. That means you can't do /job somethingwrittenhere and go around merrily raiding. You need to have a reason for it ("i iz poor need d money" is not a valid reason) and make your entire RP about that. Do everything your character would do if he were a person who would raid for contraband. Have a safe-house, a reason, contacts and every aspect of that RP is to be fitting. If it isn't fitting, you'll get punished.

So as long as the RP is detailed, well done, and fitting, a custom citizen job could indeed raid someone for contraband?

Somthing along the lines of an Anti-Drug militia formed from those most effected by drug crimes in Evocity, such as those who have had family members killed in drug hits, gang wars etc, decideing to fight back against the crime that lead to their misfortune in the firstplace, feeling they have nothing more to loose? Doing all the investigative work, useing potential informants, moles, listening devices, and the like to aquire the evidence they need.

This would be acceptable?
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Coupcunt
No, there will be no civilian contra-hunting clubs.