Internet Problems
Hello FL, I need some major help here. So lets start with the explanations, I can not connect or even find any servers on steam games in general I.E Garry's Mod, TF2, L4D, COD and several others. infact, any game at all running multiplayer and uses steam my internet can not find servers or connect to servers other then if a friend is on one then I click join friend (That does not work in L4D) and also if I connect to a server and disconnect to join a different one, I gotta wait like 10-20 minutes because if I try joining it will just say (Connection failed after 10 retrys) or some really pissy thing like that. I believe it is my internet causing this problem. I go over to a friends house such as Rockdon and it will let me find, connect and play servers fine. But at my house it wont. Is this a problem with Steam and my internet host. OH! one more thing, this problem only finds itself with steam I am fine with other games such as WarZ, Minecraft ETC Please help, I need you desperately FL, your my only hope!

Signed, your troubled friend.
-Ludo
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
"Verify your game cache, so go to your My Games list, right-click on Garry's Mod, then go Properties, go to files, then goto Verify Game Cache. "- http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=876024
Might work.

I have the same problem sometimes. V2D doesn't want to pop up for me, and the same thing might happen for the other maps aswell, so I have to find a friend who is playing GMOD atm, and I select View Game Info, to see what server/map they are on, and then press JOIN if they are on the map I want to join.

I got this problem recently, and this might just be a steam update which went wrong.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I can't really figure out what the problem is, but if it still isn't working after what Doctor said, then just try to completely re-install steam.

I remember i had this problem once, i really could not be bothered to find a solution to fixing it, so i just decided to re-install steam.

I didn't have my hopes on getting it working, but it actually did fix it.

So if you cannot get it working, re-install steam and cross your fingers.
Check to make sure that these Steam and these games are not being blocked by your Firewall.

I had the 'failed after 10 attempts' with CS:GO. I just turned my computer off and on and it seemed to work.
(02-19-2013, 05:16 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: Check to make sure that these Steam and these games are not being blocked by your Firewall.

That's probably your best bet for fixing it. I don't know what else to tell you.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]