Clan impersonation
Hello FL

I hope admins can answer me this.

My question is, I see a lot of other non-duty members use Duty as their job, and sometimes they won't remove it.

Is this against the rules?
Also, there's some people who made an unofficial clan called "Doody". This is obviously just to provoke.
The following 2 users Like Leonidas's post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington, Noobias
Hmm shouldn't be allowed. We might wanna make a rule about that.
We can't make rules for absolutely everything, it would simply take us a million years to write.
This should be common sense that impersonating others or pretending to have different privileges is not tolerated.
I don't think it would be, "common sense" for someone who is new. Especially if they haven't joined the Forums yet.
(03-14-2012, 12:21 AM)Killjoy Wrote: We can't make rules for absolutely everything, it would simply take us a million years to write.
This should be common sense that impersonating others or pretending to have different privileges is not tolerated.

Well I think if admins created the rule that you can't impersonate an admin, then its only fair if they make one for clans. Just like admins, players who care for their clan, like Zzzzap, do alot of work to maintain the clan, and im sure they don't appreciate people making a mockery of their clan, and wasting their time.

Every rule on the server should come as common sense, but of course, it doesn't... that's why the rules exist. Besides, he didn't ask for "rules for everything", he asked for one rule.
Someone could change their job to Duty, and wreck the reputation of the clan in a snap by minging around.
(03-14-2012, 03:12 AM)Arsenic Wrote: Someone could change their job to Duty, and wreck the reputation of the clan in a snap by minging around.

I've seen someone do that with SemperFi before and I had to tell them to remove it.

Even if the clan is closed or so you still don't want anyone ruining its rep
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
it should be common sense to not impersonate someone but there are people that might not understand this altough i would like to have a rule saying you can't impersonate a clan if they are not a part of it because i sure know when i was in oligarchy that i would have been pissed if someone impersonated us and destroyed our reputation.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

I mean, in real life, you dont wake up one morning like "I think I'll be a cop today" and go around the town informing people that you are a police officer.