Fearless Forums
What a Random Thread - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: What a Random Thread (/showthread.php?tid=94407)

Pages: 1 2 3

What a Random Thread - Lewwings - 10-11-2019

Excuse the stupid pun if you will, but the point of this thread is to ask a simple question and maybe get a discussion going about the question in particular, as well as the feelings on the general idea.

The question is: "Why is Random so inactive right now, and why has he not resigned?"

To me, it seems ludicrous that Random has not been on the server for a month and a half, and has not been on the forums since this day last week, what is he actually up to that has caused this? If he is too busy for this length of time, it would benefit FL if he left as he would no longer be hogging a space he wasn't using at all anyways. I don't understand the purpose behind these long unannounced inactivity periods anyways? Also, he hasn't been on the forum for a week and probably hasn't looked in the Discord in ages, so what is actually going on?

Inactivity proof (as if it's even necessary):

Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: unknown.png]

Also, generally, what is the team's stance on inactivity and what is being done to tackle it?

This is just a prime example of a ridiculous length of inactivity.

RE: What a Random Thread - Slaint - 10-11-2019

Too random

RE: What a Random Thread - Dimitris - 10-11-2019

Randoms in-activity is the least of our problems right now. The dev team simply does not care, they've been taking the easy way out for the past months now.

RE: What a Random Thread - Lewwings - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 08:38 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Randoms in-activity is the least of our problems right now. The dev team simply does not care, they've been taking the easy way out for the past months now.

A respectable and coherent point of view, but I disagree.

I mean the developers clearly are looking for input from the community as shown with the healing thread. I would see active administration as the first order of business, because without them the law (for lack of better term) of the server could not be upheld and no-one or very little people (less than current stats) would play. Therefore, updates would be meaningless without players to utilize and play with said updates. But that's just how I see it. Thanks for contributing with input though, you do need to make a bit of noise to get things that you think need to be done to be fair.

RE: What a Random Thread - Dimitris - 10-11-2019

(10-11-2019, 08:46 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 08:38 PM)Dimitris Wrote: Randoms in-activity is the least of our problems right now. The dev team simply does not care, they've been taking the easy way out for the past months now.

I mean the developers clearly are looking for input from the community as shown with the healing thread. I would see active administration as the first order of business, because without them the law (for lack of better term) of the server could not be upheld and no-one or very little people (less than current stats) would play. Therefore, updates would be meaningless without players to utilize and play with said updates. But that's just how I see it. Thanks for contributing with input though, you do need to make a bit of noise to get things that you think need to be done to be fair.

The healing thread is once again the easy way out. For the past months, they have been giving us shitty car updates and now they decided to update something that clearly works, I mean sure it might need a bit of changing but why not focus on let's say a contraband overhaul which would hype players up and make them join frequently. Honestly, I have no respect for the development team what so ever, the only one that actually cared was Pollux, he worked on aggressive RP updates and tried to spice things up with that update with stealing contra. Since he returned I haven't seen much from him but honestly, I think he has done more than all the developers together. ( At this point I have much more respect for the contributors. )

RE: What a Random Thread - don - 10-11-2019

If im being honest, they're problems.

The problems just add up, its got to a point where there are issues no one even knows about.

FL is in a bad state.

Lewwings i agree with what you said, nothing is being done, this comes from poor management and owner who does not care.

If random does not get punished how is it fair to punish anyone else, so if every staff member did it, it wouldnt be an issue, its being ran incorrectly its that simple.

There are so many issues, tbh im seeing some of the communities responses to stuff, i thin its time just let the server die, and then hopefully when they want to rebuild people will pull a finger out their arse.

RE: What a Random Thread - Lewwings - 10-12-2019

(10-11-2019, 08:54 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 08:46 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

The healing thread is once again the easy way out. For the past months, they have been giving us shitty car updates and now they decided to update something that clearly works, I mean sure it might need a bit of changing but why not focus on let's say a contraband overhaul which would hype players up and make them join frequently. Honestly, I have no respect for the development team what so ever, the only one that actually cared was Pollux, he worked on aggressive RP updates and tried to spice things up with that update with stealing contra. Since he returned I haven't seen much from him but honestly, I think he has done more than all the developers together. ( At this point I have much more respect for the contributors. )

I agree that some updates haven't been great, but resorting to dev-bashing won't fix anything either. At least it's a step into the right direction and an attempt to listen, surely that is something to appreciate simply because they're showing they do want to start making changes. Give it a bit, and make enough (productive) noise and hey-presto, we'll have great developments. 

Anyway, discussing developers, contributors, and development is not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is to discuss the inactivity of Random and administrative inactivity as a whole.

RE: What a Random Thread - Falc - 10-14-2019

Maybe he’s going through some serious IRL problems and doesn’t have the time to get on?

There’s so much more to life than this server and I truly hope he isn’t struggling IRL with anything but you never know. He could be in constant contact with the SA’s letting them know.

No reason for this thread, pathetic really.

RE: What a Random Thread - Dimitris - 10-14-2019

(10-14-2019, 10:41 AM)Falc Wrote: Maybe he’s going through some serious IRL problems and doesn’t have the time to get on?

There’s so much more to life than this server and I truly hope he isn’t struggling IRL with anything but you never know. He could be in constant contact with the SA’s letting them know.

Exactly, as I mentioned myself staffs in-activity is a problem but it is not the main one. Since no action has been taken against Random the SA's are most likely in contact with him and it has been discussed. This really is a pointless thread and it should get closed.

RE: What a Random Thread - Fultz - 10-14-2019

(10-14-2019, 10:41 AM)Falc Wrote: Maybe he’s going through some serious IRL problems and doesn’t have the time to get on?

While I agree that this thread is unneeded, I have always been on the side of if you have to leave for an extended period of time, just resign and once you are ready/have time to return, the staff team will always welcome you back. (Which Random has been one that has resigned and came back). 

Having inactive staff in the team gives an overall image of not caring. Random could have easily posted in the inactivity thread about being gone for a while without implying anything if it is a serious matter, but that has not happen as well. With inactive staff as a staff member itself it is harder to push anything through because you are either A. going to make decisions without one of your staff member or B. going to sit there and await them finally giving their input. Both are not positive outcomes and all can be avoided by just stepping down until you have the time it takes to come back.