Fearless Forums
Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) (/showthread.php?tid=94401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - TASSIA - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 10:19 PM)Zombie Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 10:13 PM)TASSIA Wrote: I personally think it will push new players more away than make them away,
if they have to fight against players with 1000+ hours that get 50% health every two seconds.
Sorry but I didn't understand how "it will push new players more away than make them away"

Obviously in any game, newbies will get destroyed by the more experienced players. With time and experience, they themselves will become the experienced players and will use medkits themselves.

Sorry, made a spelling mistake as I was rushed and I corrected myself.
Nonethless, new players would have a better chance, if their enemies wouldn't get 50% HP every 2 seconds.

As said, use your voice, you have it on the survey :)

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - Dimitris - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 10:22 PM)TASSIA Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 10:13 PM)TASSIA Wrote: I personally think it will push new players more away than make them away,
if they have to fight against players with 1000+ hours that get 50% health every two seconds.
Sorry but I didn't understand how "it will push new players more away than make them away"

Obviously in any game, newbies will get destroyed by the more experienced players. With time and experience, they themselves will become the experienced players and will use medkits themselves.

Nonethless, new players would have a better chance, if their enemies wouldn't get 50% HP every 2 seconds.

As said, use your voice, you have it on the survey Smile

Hey maybe we should also buff the damage players with less than 100 hours do and maybe we should double the protection they get from kevlar. Like do you realise how dumb you sound? If you want new players to stay start working on actual updates like a contraband overhaul instead of making useless threads about medkits.

(10-12-2019, 10:01 PM)dob Wrote: I personally don't see need for a change, but even if one was to occur - which will - can we ask ourselves if this is going to increase the player base? If you want players to return, focus on content or updating something we will all enjoy and put time into. Actually gives me a headache lmao

No my friend that is too much work, instead let's start changing stuff that works just fine.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - konsta - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 10:22 PM)TASSIA Wrote:

As said, use your voice, you have it on the survey Smile
While I agree with you that new players wouldn't like knowing that their enemies get 50 HP every couple of seconds, but I think that new players will be too busy at making money and figuring out how to safely contraband without getting raided than finding themselves facing a 1000 hour player that gets 50 HP every couple of seconds in a gun fight. From my own experience, by dealing with those players as a newbie I just got better and better by learning and observing them and I started spamming medkits when I made enough money to afford it.

I believe that what made FL unique from other games and made it capable of bringing old busy players from time to time is the aggressive rp's intense combat system that the medkit spamming contributes. Spamming medkits is what makes every player to become a shock trooper for a few seconds and get into very aggressive push or defense that leads to very intense gun fights. By removing that ability you change everything, the close up gun fights won't be as intense, shocking, quick and thrilling as it is now. It will be slower and just another shoot and cover game and I personally find it boring.
If you still don't understand it, all I'm saying is in short that FL is literally an FPS/TPS game of its own when it comes to combat thanks to the contribution of the medkit spam.

It's not about the med spam honestly, if you lack the skill it really does not matter how many meds you use, I never med spam anymore I simply use two-three meds before pushing that's all.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - god - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 10:13 PM)TASSIA Wrote: I personally think it will push new players more away than make them stay,

but there is no one to fight against with 1000+ hours so should this update be prioritized?

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - TASSIA - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 11:14 PM)dob Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 10:13 PM)TASSIA Wrote: I personally think it will push new players more away than make them stay,

but there is no one to fight against with 1000+ hours so should this update be prioritized?

Am I prioritizing something that has been suggested and approved over a year ago?
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=85580

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - DreeBott - 10-13-2019

(10-12-2019, 09:55 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 08:38 AM)DreeBott Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 08:21 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 09:33 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: There is definitely something wrong with Health Kits. There is little to no skill like Arny if you cannot aim just keep spamming health kits and you should be okay. Seriously needs to be fixed and should make aggressive rp fun and more realistic...However obviously this will have major backlash

Spoiler :
[Image: f7c687edfedaeacfc64c86a82b3dd3bb.png]

I don't know what you guys are chatting, there is skill to it. You do a 1v1 with me or any of my AggRP mates on here we'll beat and of you. 

Its always the shitters who cannot PVP who think its no skill.

Oh yeah true there is so much skill involved...:

Anyone who knows how to PVP knows you're a fool as you're shooting him in the body??? Helloooo, he has a head and you do 2x damage if you hit it....

Any more stupid replies so I can prove the person who is replying is the one who is the shitter and just is bad??

Devs, why don't you add in aim lock like on console games?? Next thing i'll be hearing is the people move around too quickly and you cannot move your mouse quick enough to keep up.
Yeah you're right it should be 100% normal to use 2+ mags to kill someone because that's realisitc. (Even on a Semi RP server this is just stupid and it takes literally no skill at all to just spam Med Kits lol).
Oh also he's right there are no hitboxes on some models (dont know if there was one on the model I was shooting at in the video but it's still pretty darn stupid)

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - don - 10-13-2019

The dev team or pollux to my knowledge killed agg rp for a short time, until we fixed it.

Word of warning you are bout to kill FL's only bit of uniqueness, and tbh if you do it, then all the people who fixed up the mess last time arent here to fix it again.

So the aftermath is on the team.

Also, you speak about it was accepted.

In another thread pollux made it clear that, the -supports was the reason my suggestion was declined when infact, there was like one or two compared to many +supports.

There was many, many -supports on that thread.

So what is actually going on here, to me its just whatever the devs or team want they get.

Also, look how bad dreebot is at shooting.

The video is titled two mags. He barely hit half a mag he is aiming for someones back. Hitting the head on some playermodels proves to drop people alot faster.

So, because of someones bad shooting, and his thread made out of pure emotion, you're going to change one of the only bits of uniqueness the server has.

FL just isnt FL, time for a new chapter by the looks of it and its the chapter where someone days, lets hope this just isnt FL.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - don - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 12:13 AM)DreeBott Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 09:55 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 08:38 AM)DreeBott Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 08:21 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 09:33 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: There is definitely something wrong with Health Kits. There is little to no skill like Arny if you cannot aim just keep spamming health kits and you should be okay. Seriously needs to be fixed and should make aggressive rp fun and more realistic...However obviously this will have major backlash

Spoiler :
[Image: f7c687edfedaeacfc64c86a82b3dd3bb.png]

I don't know what you guys are chatting, there is skill to it. You do a 1v1 with me or any of my AggRP mates on here we'll beat and of you. 

Its always the shitters who cannot PVP who think its no skill.

Oh yeah true there is so much skill involved...:

Anyone who knows how to PVP knows you're a fool as you're shooting him in the body??? Helloooo, he has a head and you do 2x damage if you hit it....

Any more stupid replies so I can prove the person who is replying is the one who is the shitter and just is bad??

Devs, why don't you add in aim lock like on console games?? Next thing i'll be hearing is the people move around too quickly and you cannot move your mouse quick enough to keep up.
Yeah you're right it should be 100% normal to use 2+ mags to kill someone because that's realisitc. (Even on a Semi RP server this is just stupid and it takes literally no skill at all to just spam Med Kits lol).
Oh also he's right there are no hitboxes on some models (dont know if there was one on the model I was shooting at in the video but it's still pretty darn stupid)

2 mags.

You barely hit half a mag in his back, the head shoot it, i think it does more damage, makes sense :/

Also, why are people talking about realism, when a suggestion is made supporting realism its always turned down and told that its semi serious RP.

But with the guns its a different story, its crazy how you can switch up you opinion on the matter of realism when its turned on something you're bad at.