Fearless Forums
Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=341)
+---- Thread: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) (/showthread.php?tid=94401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - Dimitris - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 05:55 PM)Arny Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 04:28 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 03:10 PM)Arny Wrote: Here's a less cancer version of the video, you might be able to see the problem now. Wolven gets me to 32hp (roughly) then my medkit kicks in, going up to 80hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhTqJ6_6Krc

I love how you keep exposing yourself, all you showed here is the one time one of them actually unloaded just half their mag they almost got you, not to mention that from my experience I know that Ranger and Wolven are a lot better than what I saw on the vid not sure if it was intentional or not. Also it is kinda weird how you just happen to get in a raid against both your friends that you also happen to be in discord at the time.

The point is, if I didn't medkit spam, I would of died as they got me down to 30hp and would of killed me if one of the medkits didn't kick in. I don't see how the second point you made is relevant?

No the point is they only actually targeted you once and you almost died, most of the time they only shot you once or twice and then ran off. Obviously the meds will save you at times that's what they are for.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - Pollux - 10-12-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

OT: Needs to be changed, it's broken atm and those abusing it will obviously want to keep it. I think something like the PUBG system would work well.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - konsta - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 04:46 PM)TASSIA Wrote: Please, everyone, calm down a bit.

I made this survey to get useful opinions, not a beef/flame war.
Voice your opinion on the survey.

If you think the way it currently is (50% every 2 seconds possible),
then you can say that on the survey. If you think it is not fine,
then you can say that on the survey as well, with a high level of detail.
The problem is how some staff members act and are talking non sense, including from your development team. They're being provocative, if they didn't provoke, none of this war would have started.

They need to understand and know that spamming all the medkits in the world won't win you any battles without good aim, teamwork and tactics. If they don't acknowledge that, then there's some serious problems within your team including the admins and there will be a response from the community.
Do you want a friendlier community and have players coming back? Because it's always the staff team vs. community, it's getting ridiculous.
Soulripper and those in charge needs to understand that the community isn't the problem, insisiting and forcing things on the community such as nerfing the medkits while they like it as it is, will lead to nowhere but conflict.

(10-12-2019, 06:34 PM)Pollux Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

OT: Needs to be changed, it's broken atm and those abusing it will obviously want to keep it. I think something like the PUBG system would work well.
Your job is to develop, adding and fixing according to the community and do what they want while following the administration guidelines, not go against their wishes. You're in no position and you just showed to me and others that you don't really care about anyone's opinion and feedbacks from the community, like you have for the past nearly 2 years when you were a developer before you got demoted. 

Remember the riot shield Pollux? "It's not bullet proof!!!" despite evidence were provided.  You abused it and you obviously wanted to keep it, but difference is with the medkits is that they're available for everyone and it cost a lot of money to spam, so using it wisely is needed.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - Pollux - 10-12-2019

(10-12-2019, 09:03 PM)Zombie Wrote:

Your job is to develop, adding and fixing according to the community and do what they want while following the administration guidelines, not go against their wishes. You're in no position and you just showed to me and others that you don't really care about anyone's opinion and feedbacks from the community, like you have for the past nearly 2 years when you were a developer before you got demoted. 

Remember the riot shield Pollux? "It's not bullet proof!!!" despite evidence were provided.  You abused it and you obviously wanted to keep it, but difference is with the medkits is that they're available for everyone and it cost a lot of money to spam, so using it wisely is needed.

The salt video was a meme due to how some people are acting in this thread, wasn't intended at everyone. I think health kits should be nerfed and that's my opinion, never once said that is what's going to happen or anything so not too sure why you're acting like I just made an official statement saying they are. No one here requires a lecture on what their "job" is either. If the dev team didn't care about everyone's opinion they wouldn't make a survey asking them for it. The survey results will 100% be taken into consideration before anything is done, as stated in the OP.

(10-12-2019, 05:55 PM)Arny Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 04:28 PM)Dimitris Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 03:10 PM)Arny Wrote: Here's a less cancer version of the video, you might be able to see the problem now. Wolven gets me to 32hp (roughly) then my medkit kicks in, going up to 80hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhTqJ6_6Krc

I love how you keep exposing yourself, all you showed here is the one time one of them actually unloaded just half their mag they almost got you, not to mention that from my experience I know that Ranger and Wolven are a lot better than what I saw on the vid not sure if it was intentional or not. Also it is kinda weird how you just happen to get in a raid against both your friends that you also happen to be in discord at the time.

The point is, if I didn't medkit spam, I would of died as they got me down to 30hp and would of killed me if one of the medkits didn't kick in. I don't see how the second point you made is relevant?

Adapt or get killed, no one is preventing you from spamming medkits. If you don't want to, there's no one to blame but yourself. If you do want to and you still get killed, get better at aiming, think tactically, be affective in teamwork, and don't get reckless with the medkits (moving positions or pushing while on 30 HP when it still didn't heal you) because it's a good way to get killed.

The medkit spam is what made combat in FL unique, I don't know any other game where you can tactically spam medkits (and yes it is tactical, you need to spam it only in certain situations otherwise you wasted money and you're getting yourself killed) and aggressively push and occupy or defend a base aggressively, and the need to use your brain when the enemy does it as well. Medkits are items that only if they're used effectively, can be a factor in determining a victory in a battle. 

5 years ago when nobody gave a shit about spamming it, there were bases with medkit spammers and government with medkit spammers. Raids would go on for 20+ minutes and sometimes even 30+. They were very intense, governments ended up having vigilantes and bunch of custom titled citizens on their sides amid the raid and the winners were usually the ones with a good teamwork, communication and a strategy.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - god - 10-12-2019

I personally don't see need for a change, but even if one was to occur - which will - can we ask ourselves if this is going to increase the player base? If you want players to return, focus on content or updating something we will all enjoy and put time into. Actually gives me a headache lmao

(10-12-2019, 09:17 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 09:03 PM)Zombie Wrote:

The salt video was a meme due to how some people are acting in this thread, wasn't intended at everyone. I think health kits should be nerfed and that's my opinion, never once said that is what's going to happen or anything so not too sure why you're acting like I just made an official statement saying they are. No one here requires a lecture on what their "job" is either. If the dev team didn't care about everyone's opinion they wouldn't make a survey asking them for it. The survey results will 100% be taken into consideration before anything is done, as stated in the OP.
Oh come on Pollux, the way you wrote your comment was literally a statement. Nothing from your comment tells me that it's your opinion, but a statement with claims of medkits being broken and giving the old logical fallacy that those who think otherwise are part of the problem, by saying that those who abuse it want to keep it. I don't see how medkit spamming is an abuse if everyone can do it, nobody stops you from doing it and it's been part of the game long before I even joined FL, which leads me to question the claim of medkits being broken. 
I'd like an explanation of why medkits are broken, because by definition of something being broken in a game is when it's mechanically broken, with bugs, glitches, exploits and etc.

And also I didn't watch your video, it doesn't bother me and you don't really need to explain to me why you put that video.

RE: Approaching the Healing Problem (Survey) - TASSIA - 10-12-2019

I personally think it will push new players more away than make them stay,
if they have to fight against players with 1000+ hours that get 50% health every two seconds.

(10-12-2019, 10:13 PM)TASSIA Wrote: I personally think it will push new players more away than make them away,
if they have to fight against players with 1000+ hours that get 50% health every two seconds.
Sorry but I didn't understand how "it will push new players more away than make them away" I can't make any sense out of that.

Obviously in any game, newbies will get destroyed by the more experienced players. With time and experience, they themselves will become the experienced players and will use medkits themselves.