Fearless Forums
V2D as main server - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: V2D as main server (/showthread.php?tid=85773)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: V2D as main server - User 12049 - 03-17-2018

damn 9 pages? I +support V2D going main, SO many people get shit FPS on v4b1

RE: V2D as main server - Coffee - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 08:54 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: damn 9 pages? I +support V2D going main, SO many people get shit FPS on v4b1

Whats v4b1?

RE: V2D as main server - General Rickets - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 08:40 PM)Coffee Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:36 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:31 PM)Coffee Wrote: Please can someone explain these "new" or "different" or "greater" roleplay experiences that v2d offers. Because at the moment these claims are just being thrown around without evidence to back it up and currently the only evidence we have is the past 3 times that v2d has failed.

You cannot prove opinion with evidence. You say where's the evidence? Well, here it is. This is what we do to get the map back. If we did not like the map and what it offers, why would we go through the trouble to do this?

Every time v2d has come back, there was always another server as the main for fearless. The fact that these other servers were main before v2d came out again, then logically the main server will still have a higher player count regardless of people's opinions of the server. It's called the snowball effect. I preferred it when v2d came back again. However, if there are more players on the other map then that's the map you go on. This then escalates to everyone being on one map.

Ok so a small proportion of the community saying they want a map, is enough to change it for everyone. I never knew that, v2d here we come!!!!

No need for this sort of attitude, and you wonder why we don't suggest/discuss things.

RE: V2D as main server - Foxirius2205 - 03-17-2018

Just replace the current one with v2d for a week and see what happens.

RE: V2D as main server - Joe Joe - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 08:30 PM)Ezekiel Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:27 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:22 PM)Lewwings Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:19 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:15 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Don't act like nobody played it after day 1 of it's relaunch, Joe Joe. Myself and several others played it over v5p until it was taken away again. Plus, I re-iterate my argument of the community being stretched across 2 servers, with 1, it will work out.
Lewwings, if there are two servers and one is more popular then the other, it is more popular then the other.

If V2d was so great then that server would have been full and v5p empty, but it was the reverse.

Most of the players that recently joined FL normally join the server that has the most players at the time and don't bother going onto the other server, increasing the average player-count of v5p, that I believe is what brought v2d down, as only older players really played on v2d.

So we have evidence of it not being successful in a recent trial verses 'i believe'. I know whchw side I am on.

Buddy you're not interpreting what others are saying.

If it was put onto the 'main server' it would prosper, Simple.

What do you mean main server? They both had 75 player slots, clearly the superior one survived. After a few days v5p prospored once again, whereas V2D didnt. Basic Battle. Making it main is basically the people who want it back but didnt even bother to play on it when it was back.

RE: V2D as main server - Coffee - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 09:08 PM)General Rickets Wrote: No need for this sort of attitude, and you wonder why we don't suggest/discuss things
Saying that is just stupid, people suggest and discuss things all the time. The only reason I made the comment i did is because im showing how easily and quickly people jump the gun with things like this, they just see something that like and dont shut up till they get want they wont, they dont think about what that means for other people or the community as a whole

RE: V2D as main server - Foxirius2205 - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 09:17 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:19 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote: Lewwings, if there are two servers and one is more popular then the other, it is more popular then the other.

If V2d was so great then that server would have been full and v5p empty, but it was the reverse.

Most of the players that recently joined FL normally join the server that has the most players at the time and don't bother going onto the other server, increasing the average player-count of v5p, that I believe is what brought v2d down, as only older players really played on v2d.

So we have evidence of it not being successful in a recent trial verses 'i believe'. I know whchw side I am on.

What do you mean main server? They both had 75 player slots, clearly the superior one survived. After a few days v5p prospored once again, whereas V2D didnt. Basic Battle. Making it main is basically the people who want it back but didnt even bother to play on it when it was back.
Why would I want to play on a server where there are 0 people online.

RE: V2D as main server - Ethan Bradberry - 03-17-2018

The reason nobody played it when it was live (relaunched on the second server) is because the general "new" population didn't play it, meaning the server was pretty dead.

Playing with only 10 players is boring and just is simply not fun - this is why people stopped playing it and it went dead again.

To actually see if people like the map, do month on V2D then do a massive poll and see if people want to change back. Simple

RE: V2D as main server - Jan - 03-17-2018

V2D lost players because we had two differend maps, not because it is V2D, it's been doing great since 2008 it won't randomly lose popularity because all players suddently dislike it, it only lost popularity because FL lost players in 2015 and clearly couldn't fill up two servers anymore.

V5P is too big, lacks atmosphere, lacks usable RP building people will actually visit.

V2D has always been the best map, v5p is honestly such a shite experience.

RE: V2D as main server - Lewwings - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 09:17 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:19 PM)MrFinnConlon Wrote: Lewwings, if there are two servers and one is more popular then the other, it is more popular then the other.

First Reply is in bold. Second Reply, Joe Joe, stop generalising the whole community, myself and many others played on v2d way more than v5p when we could. There is strong support for at least bringing the option of playing on v2d back.