Fearless Forums
Everything you need to play on the servers - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Everything you need to play on the servers (/showthread.php?tid=5622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Kethus - 08-05-2013

I downloaded an Evo City content pack from the workshop and it fixed the subway textures. The only textures that remain missing now are the stair railings and the door things on the sides of the windows of the houses at the lake in v33x. I've read that downloading v17x would fix that, but I can't find a link. SoulRipper should probably update his post so that if one has installed everything they wont have missing textures.

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - HellShell - 08-06-2013

Well, I'll PM Jacob and Kethus 2 links too I guess, check your inbox.

I guess the bumpers didn't have this problem, if so just tell me.

Send a fix to all others.

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Kethus - 08-06-2013

The files you sent me are the same ones that SoulRipper has posted in the first post. I have already downloaded everything (except the ep1+2 pack, since I have the games, their link isn't working anyway). I downloaded it again just in case and the textures are still missing.

Seems like I can't post a link to Youtube without it turning into a video, so I'll hide it in a spoiler:

edit: the information on the first post is false. I unmounted HL2:Ep1+2 and I see errors everywhere on v2d.

edit2: I noticed SoulRipper has updated the first post today. He has fixed the hl2ep1+2 content link, but he hasn't fixed the code in plr_healthvial.vmt that displays the paramedic's medkit properly.

edit3: Here is what is currently missing from the content and I know for sure how to fix:
- paramedic's medkit: the code in plr_healthvial.vmt in materials/models/fearless/weapons/medkit should be changed according to this post: Link
- machines in subway in v2p: missing token_box, transfer_box, turnstyle_base, and turnstyle_spinner folders in materials/models/toronto, as well as their contents. I disected a evo city content pack from the workshop that fixes the problem to see which files exactly are needed.

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - SoulRipper - 08-12-2013

We now have an application that allows you to easily install all the content with just a few mouseclicks. The link is at the top of the first post. Thanks to TheBlackShadowOfGod, Frozen_Fear and Satisfaction for the development.

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Theblackshadowofgod - 08-12-2013

For people who used the FL content downloader:

As this program is still more or less BETA please report any bugs you may encounter in this thread or PM. Including a screenshot will be helpfull aswel.

Thanks!

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Freezak - 08-12-2013

From what i see that program works very well, good job.

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Atrades Jenkins - 08-14-2013

I used the new content downloader and it keeps saying i have missing maps when I try to get on a server. I do not know why it is saying that but I even tried re-downloading Gmod which didn't help. Any ideas?

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Theblackshadowofgod - 08-16-2013

(08-14-2013, 04:29 PM)Atrades Jenkins Wrote: I used the new content downloader and it keeps saying i have missing maps when I try to get on a server. I do not know why it is saying that but I even tried re-downloading Gmod which didn't help. Any ideas?

Hmm, thats weird. It should download and extract fine.

Did you select the correct directory? And did you got any errors from the downloader?

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Atrades Jenkins - 08-16-2013

I have figured out the problem but in case people have the same issue later here is what happened. At first the error was couldnt find the directory, so i manually found it and tried and it did not work, so I reinstalled GMOD and it found the directory and began downloading the files and spawnlists etc. Then I would go onto fearless and it would say missing map rp_evocityv2d or whatever and wouldn't let me play. FOR THOSE WHO REINSTALL GMOD! After the last update GMOD changed its directory location. So now instead of going;
Local Disk>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>yourusername>garrysmod>garrysmod
Now you want to go to;
Local Disk>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Garrysmod>garrysmod

RE: Everything you need to play on the servers - Enzyme - 08-30-2013

(08-16-2013, 12:33 PM)Atrades Jenkins Wrote: I have figured out the problem but in case people have the same issue later here is what happened. At first the error was couldnt find the directory, so i manually found it and tried and it did not work, so I reinstalled GMOD and it found the directory and began downloading the files and spawnlists etc. Then I would go onto fearless and it would say missing map rp_evocityv2d or whatever and wouldn't let me play. FOR THOSE WHO REINSTALL GMOD! After the last update GMOD changed its directory location. So now instead of going;
Local Disk>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>yourusername>garrysmod>garrysmod
Now you want to go to;
Local Disk>Program Files(x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>Garrysmod>garrysmod

That feeling when I just finished uninstalling GMOD and deleting the GMOD folder, and I then found this comment... I'm gonna chew on a razor now.