Fearless Forums
[Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Support Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+---- Thread: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod (/showthread.php?tid=21829)

Pages: 1 2

[Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Verenikin - 12-02-2012

Well, basically, my Gmod has this problem:

When I play (I only play on FL), it will sometimes simply lag out, and then turn my screen pitch black. Like, really black. The last second of sound will play on a loop, sometimes it'll play the next second.

When I then do CTRL+ALT+DEL, I can go back to my desktop. The game is still running, and when I click for it to open, it will simply show my desktop or whatever I was viewing before I un-minimized the game. It'll play the sounds around me just fine, but the game wont pop up.

So, what the actual f*** is going on with my game?

It has been doing this for months, but only now I decided to complain.

System specs:

CPU: Intel i5-460M
GPU: Nvidia 285M
RAM: 4 GB (2GB*2) DDR3
VODKA: More than enough Wink

EDIT: Please note, that my game doesn't CRASH. It still runs.

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - rockchak917â„¢ - 12-02-2012

(12-02-2012, 01:49 PM)Verenikin Wrote: Well, basically, my Gmod has this problem:

When I play (I only play on FL), it will sometimes simply lag out, and then turn my screen pitch black. Like, really black. The last second of sound will play on a loop, sometimes it'll play the next second.

When I then do CTRL+ALT+DEL, I can go back to my desktop. The game is still running, and when I click for it to open, it will simply show my desktop or whatever I was viewing before I un-minimized the game. It'll play the sounds around me just fine, but the game wont pop up.

So, what the actual f*** is going on with my game?

It has been doing this for months, but only now I decided to complain.

Same here!!!! What operating system are you running?

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Verenikin - 12-02-2012

Windows 7, 64 bit.

I'll add my system specs to the original post.

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Verenikin - 12-03-2012

May I also note that I can't just "google it", because how do you google "When I play (I only play on FL), it will sometimes simply lag out, and then turn my screen pitch black. Like, really black. The last second of sound will play on a loop, sometimes it'll play the next second.

"?

Googling stuff like Gmod+Crash will come up with thousands of completely unrelated and utterly useless stuff...

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Zealord - 12-03-2012

Easy enough!
Play windowed! (Steam -> Gmod -> Right-click -> Launch options -> type -windowed) With the minus sign btw.
OR
Make a desktop shortcut of Gmod -> Properties -> Windows XP Sv. pack 2 ánd run as an administrator.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me for more possible solutions or add me on skype: terrorzimano

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Verenikin - 12-03-2012

(12-03-2012, 05:37 PM)Zealord Wrote: Easy enough!
Play windowed! (Steam -> Gmod -> Right-click -> Launch options -> type [b]-windowed) With the minus sign btw.[/b]
OR
Make a desktop shortcut of Gmod -> Properties -> Windows XP Sv. pack 2 ánd run as an administrator.

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me for more possible solutions or add me on skype: terrorzimano

Well, I'd rather not play windowed. But the other solution, does it work for Win 7 too?

Thanks for helping!

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Zealord - 12-04-2012

(12-03-2012, 06:00 PM)Verenikin Wrote: Well, I'd rather not play windowed. But the other solution, does it work for Win 7 too?

Yes, that's why the option is available!

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Verenikin - 12-04-2012

When I try to open the game through the hl2.exe that I find in my garrysmod folder, it says "Setup filed gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in subdirectory hl2. Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting."

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Verenikin - 12-04-2012

UPDATE: Today, this happened again, but this time, I received the... Dun dun dun!

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

Yes, that's right. And as usual, it still says "Setup filed gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in subdirectory hl2. Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting."

(...)When I try to run the hl2.exe.

RE: [Help needed] My crappy Gmod - Zealord - 12-04-2012

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4

After this, just run the game through steam :]