Fearless Forums
Have Some Respect - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Have Some Respect (/showthread.php?tid=24865)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Have Some Respect - data expunged :( - 01-29-2013

I am 12 myself, (Turning 13 this year) and i never speak through mic, because i personally think my voice is annoying, and my polish accent makes speaking english kinda difficult. I try to act mature and avoid talking about age because people will suddenly hate me.

RE: Have Some Respect - aviator - 01-29-2013

I joined Fearless at 13 years old. I, now 14, see that these younger children are more annoying then ever (I hate Year 7's at School Tounge) but the one thing I don't like to do is to insult them. As annoying as they may be, I find it hard to have a go at, or insult a young kid. I loud 'shut up' is bad enough, which I do from time to time. I just deal with it. Be the bigger person, ignore them, if they break the rules, allow admins to take care of it. If they insult an admin, let them take care of it.

I can loose my cool now and again and some of you may have witnessed it. I see sense in what you say, Infernaw. I agree with you in many aspects, but the only way I deal with it, is ignore. Bullying a 12 year old, because they are 12 years old, shows your not the nicest person on this planet, how can you bully some young boy? But there are exceptions (not on the bullying side). Never bully anyone. Never, no exceptions.

Indeed they should show respect, but they are only young. Let them be punished with a ban/blacklist or just show to them you no longer 'fully' respect them.

Cyber bullying is punishable in the UK with legal consequences.

http://www.respectme.org.uk/Cyberbullying-and-the-law.html

RE: Have Some Respect - Link - 01-29-2013

What I find annoying though is the older members being idiots to me. I've had two guys come up to me and say 'Hay! You're too young to play on this server!' both on the same day. But I can still understand this issue about 'less mature' 12yr olds. I have a irl friend, Diablo to be exact. People treat him like shit even though he roleplays correctly. It's all because of his 'squeaky' voice.
But I can see where you guys are coming from here.
-Link

RE: Have Some Respect - Fultz - 01-29-2013

Im going with Narcotic here. The 12-13 year olds are not the ones that bad. Their problem is they dont understand what is right and wrong for the most part. And that is nothing to worry about because if you tell them the rules in a control manner they will listen and respect what you are saying.

The class of kids you are talking about are the ones from 14-16. These are the kids that know what they are doing but they choose to be complete assholes about it and talk back to you and constantly fight with you and try to order you around. And there isnt really much we can do. It is a rebellious manner that all kids that age go through. But with the 12-13 these are the kids that will have a decent amount of bans early in their careers and look bad at first but finally grasp the rules in a decent amount of time.

Im not going to lie though those 12-13 year olds that scream in their mics really irritate me. But that is basically it. They whine a little bit but all you have to do is tell them the right way and they will follow it. I never have problems with younger kids after I tell them what they should and shouldnt be doing. These kids are actually some of the most thankful kids on Fearless. They always thank you for helping them out and will try to go to you if they have more questions about other things.

RE: Have Some Respect - Infernaw - 01-29-2013

I never dislike somebody because of their voice, because mine is not the hottest either. I dislike people (older members too, but the majority is younger) who think they know something they don't. Smartasses who question other people with more experience. They are far too cocky and that's something I simply don't tolerate. Just because my voice isn't manly and deep, I can't tell them off and actually succeed. It's usually a friend who helps me do it.

Last time I tried to avoid and ignore some people, I got mass punchwhored to death in the middle of BP. The ages of the people doing it were both young and older. Some where people I knew. Called the like three admins who were online, but nobody responded.

RE: Have Some Respect - Al sevenfold - 01-29-2013

Unfortunately people can speak while tased, it just takes a lot of willpower from a drunk hillbilly to yell "Fuk da poleec!" and then get tased again.
It's a shame you can't mute people who are just set on being 100% annoying or irritating. Maybe mutes reset when you disconnect from the server (In the event they grow up over night) Maybe I need to elaborate on this idea and post it in the suggestions forums but meh, I don't know.

I couldn't care less about a persons age as long as they aren't top class minges. Heck older people do the same thing it's mostly younger ones though.

RE: Have Some Respect - Callos - 01-29-2013

9 Year old cops are the best!

On a more serious note, I think that a lot of players that play Gmod in general are immature, I have seen rude, disrespectful and idiotic behavior from young players and also older players. It's expected that you are going to find people like this on the server, because people in general are self-obsessed (think they are more important then anyone) until their late teens.

RE: Have Some Respect - Weecow - 01-29-2013

(01-29-2013, 05:51 PM)Fultzy Wrote: Im going with Narcotic here. The 12-13 year olds are not the ones that bad. Their problem is they dont understand what is right and wrong for the most part. And that is nothing to worry about because if you tell them the rules in a control manner they will listen and respect what you are saying.

The class of kids you are talking about are the ones from 14-16. These are the kids that know what they are doing but they choose to be complete assholes about it and talk back to you and constantly fight with you and try to order you around. And there isnt really much we can do. It is a rebellious manner that all kids that age go through. But with the 12-13 these are the kids that will have a decent amount of bans early in their careers and look bad at first but finally grasp the rules in a decent amount of time.

Im not going to lie though those 12-13 year olds that scream in their mics really irritate me. But that is basically it. They whine a little bit but all you have to do is tell them the right way and they will follow it. I never have problems with younger kids after I tell them what they should and shouldnt be doing. These kids are actually some of the most thankful kids on Fearless. They always thank you for helping them out and will try to go to you if they have more questions about other things.

I must agree with this. I have no problems with younger players at all, aslong as they just play normally and be mature, then it's all good for me.
But screaming in a mic, i really hate that.

RE: Have Some Respect - Alejandro - 01-30-2013

(01-29-2013, 02:48 PM)HellShell Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 11:54 AM)Al sevenfold Wrote: Ignore them and kids tend to follow you crying about how you are ignoring them.
Screaming down the microphone when they get tased.
Spamming pms to you because they lost their expensive pistol.
Doing things because THEY want to, because it's fun for THEM.
Thinking they are cool by swearing and acting big.

One day without this would be the happiest day of my life.

Y'know, talking through your mic while being tased shouldn't be allowed.,
Have you ever seen a tased person talk? Screaming isn't talking btw Tounge

Anyway, I agree.
But there are 12-13 year olds who are just as mature as a 20 year old player. I respect that too Smile

(01-29-2013, 12:36 PM)Alejandro Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 11:47 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Snip

I guess i'm your 13 year old "mature" friend? Tounge And i just ignore Them and if they break the rules, i just report them. And i agree with you.

You're 13?
You sure are mature :3
I thought you were like 17 xD.
Well, I'm turning 14 this year so now you know. Tounge

RE: Have Some Respect - Infernaw - 01-30-2013

After having people lockpicking and random raiding my house (no contra, nothing. Regular living for the sake of RP) I'm more than sure that I'm SICK of this shit. I was tabbed out for five minutes, and I'm warranted, all of my doors are wide open and people walked in and out as if it's a party house.
And then I see on the chat that they have a Zombie infection RP going on, and just disconnected. I'm sick of this.

[Image: rp_evocity_v2d0048_zps2e345045.jpg]