Fearless Forums
#1- Gay Marriage y/n? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? (/showthread.php?tid=28809)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - Burrito Warrior - 06-08-2013

(06-08-2013, 01:09 AM)VallyTeacake Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 11:24 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 08:19 PM)VallyTeacake Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 05:56 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 03:28 PM)VallyTeacake Wrote: No.

That's not a valid response. What evidence do you have that it is anything other than a choice?

Ignoring the countless studies showing it's not a choice, when have you ever met a person who woke up one day and decided "being straight is boring, I think I'll be gay!". I highly doubt you ever chose being attracted to women(or men) at some point in your life.

Don't give me that. How do you explain Bisexuals? Basically you're saying gay people are born with some kind of mutation? Is that it? Maybe some mutation of a gene deep down in the brain. I somehow find that highly unlikely, if it is not a choice then what is it?

Saying bisexuality proves being gay is a choice is like saying that hair colour is a choice because there's more than two types of hair colour out there.
Answer this question:when did you(assuming you are a straight male) choose to be sexually and/or romantically attracted to women? Not when did you start finding them attractive. When did you specifically decide "do I want to find men or women attractive". Can you change that decision tomorrow, and find people of the same gender attractive, and no longer find people of the opposite sex attractive?

What causes someone to be gay is still a great scientific question, while the gay gene is one theory, there are many other theories(most of which rooted in biological causes), one of the more accepted theories right now being down to hormonal balance in the womb, and how the mothers immune system reacts to a fetus. However, it's pretty much an undeniable scientific fact that being gay is not a choice.

It heavily influenced by the way you were raised and if you were educated properly on sexual relationships. Even so, it's not right if a child were to be raised from birth (presuming he was adopted either as a baby or very young) in a gay family. Imagine being raised by 2 dads, it's just not the way it was intended to be. The kid would almost certainly be bullied, it's perception of sexual relationship would be completely out of place.

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - Killjoy - 06-08-2013

Do you even know any homosexual people? They can be just as odd or normal as any straight person. Same applies for their values, beliefs and upbringing.

(06-08-2013, 01:37 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Do you even know any homosexual people? They can be just as odd or normal as any straight person. Same applies for their values, beliefs and upbringing.

I know some gay people. And besides, I am talking about a child raised with 2 gay dads. It's just warping his sexual orientation and pretty much promoting homosexuality and confusing the kids sexuality before he even realises what his dads are.
All theoretically speaking of course.

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - Adman - 06-08-2013

(06-08-2013, 01:29 AM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: It heavily influenced by the way you were raised and if you were educated properly on sexual relationships.

Really? So you admit that the only reason you are a heterosexual is because of having a pair of heterosexual parents and sexual education lessons? I'd dare say that sexual attraction can begin to manifest before any form of formal education is applied, and from young ages do you really have the capacity to discuss and be 'educated' about sex? Regardless, I know how homosexual sexual intercourse could occur - that doesn't make me attracted to men. In addition, how is one educated 'properly' on sexual relationships? Sure people find out how it happens, but religion for example might offer highly negative views towards homosexuality and so the child has a prejudicial and homophobic attitude towards homosexuals instilled in them; all from a heterosexual pair of parents.

Burrito Warrior Wrote:Even so, it's not right if a child were to be raised from birth (presuming he was adopted either as a baby or very young) in a gay family. Imagine being raised by 2 dads, it's just not the way it was intended to be.

Nothing was 'intended' to be anything. Aside from being raised enough to survive on alone, anything else is not necessary and a part of society built from humanity. Homosexual parents have as much of a capacity to raise a child as heterosexuals, there is no need for them to be heterosexual in any evolutionary standpoint. I don't see any evidence for homosexual parents raising homosexual children, how about heterosexual parents whose off spring turn out to be gay? Homosexuality is a part of nature, as much as any heterosexual behaviour.

Burrito warrior Wrote:The kid would almost certainly be bullied, it's perception of sexual relationship would be completely out of place.

"its perception of sexual relationship would be completely out of place". Well the fact that the child is being bullied sort of points to the fact that every other kid has their perception of morality and sexual relationships out of place doesn't it? The child is either going to be homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual. Sex education is the basis for 'sexual relationships' which are taught to all students in a similar fashion. That doesn't stop 'normal' heterosexual couples forming abusive relationships or mistreating children does it? Surely if they have the 'right' perception of sexual relationships there wouldn't be those problems.

(06-08-2013, 11:09 AM)Adman Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 01:29 AM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: It heavily influenced by the way you were raised and if you were educated properly on sexual relationships.

Really? So you admit that the only reason you are a heterosexual is because of having a pair of heterosexual parents and sexual education lessons? I'd dare say that sexual attraction can begin to manifest before any form of formal education is applied, and from young ages do you really have the capacity to discuss and be 'educated' about sex? Regardless, I know how homosexual sexual intercourse could occur - that doesn't make me attracted to men. In addition, how is one educated 'properly' on sexual relationships? Sure people find out how it happens, but religion for example might offer highly negative views towards homosexuality and so the child has a prejudicial and homophobic attitude towards homosexuals instilled in them; all from a heterosexual pair of parents.

Burrito Warrior Wrote:Even so, it's not right if a child were to be raised from birth (presuming he was adopted either as a baby or very young) in a gay family. Imagine being raised by 2 dads, it's just not the way it was intended to be.

Nothing was 'intended' to be anything. Aside from being raised enough to survive on alone, anything else is not necessary and a part of society built from humanity. Homosexual parents have as much of a capacity to raise a child as heterosexuals, there is no need for them to be heterosexual in any evolutionary standpoint. I don't see any evidence for homosexual parents raising homosexual children, how about heterosexual parents whose off spring turn out to be gay? Homosexuality is a part of nature, as much as any heterosexual behaviour.

Burrito warrior Wrote:The kid would almost certainly be bullied, it's perception of sexual relationship would be completely out of place.

"its perception of sexual relationship would be completely out of place". Well the fact that the child is being bullied sort of points to the fact that every other kid has their perception of morality and sexual relationships out of place doesn't it? The child is either going to be homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual. Sex education is the basis for 'sexual relationships' which are taught to all students in a similar fashion. That doesn't stop 'normal' heterosexual couples forming abusive relationships or mistreating children does it? Surely if they have the 'right' perception of sexual relationships there wouldn't be those problems.

U Wot M8

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - 5p carrier bag - 06-08-2013

(06-08-2013, 01:29 AM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 01:09 AM)VallyTeacake Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 11:24 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 08:19 PM)VallyTeacake Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 05:56 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: That's not a valid response. What evidence do you have that it is anything other than a choice?

Ignoring the countless studies showing it's not a choice, when have you ever met a person who woke up one day and decided "being straight is boring, I think I'll be gay!". I highly doubt you ever chose being attracted to women(or men) at some point in your life.

Don't give me that. How do you explain Bisexuals? Basically you're saying gay people are born with some kind of mutation? Is that it? Maybe some mutation of a gene deep down in the brain. I somehow find that highly unlikely, if it is not a choice then what is it?

Saying bisexuality proves being gay is a choice is like saying that hair colour is a choice because there's more than two types of hair colour out there.
Answer this question:when did you(assuming you are a straight male) choose to be sexually and/or romantically attracted to women? Not when did you start finding them attractive. When did you specifically decide "do I want to find men or women attractive". Can you change that decision tomorrow, and find people of the same gender attractive, and no longer find people of the opposite sex attractive?

What causes someone to be gay is still a great scientific question, while the gay gene is one theory, there are many other theories(most of which rooted in biological causes), one of the more accepted theories right now being down to hormonal balance in the womb, and how the mothers immune system reacts to a fetus. However, it's pretty much an undeniable scientific fact that being gay is not a choice.

It heavily influenced by the way you were raised and if you were educated properly on sexual relationships. Even so, it's not right if a child were to be raised from birth (presuming he was adopted either as a baby or very young) in a gay family. Imagine being raised by 2 dads, it's just not the way it was intended to be. The kid would almost certainly be bullied, it's perception of sexual relationship would be completely out of place.

Because we all know that heterosexual parents only raise heterosexual children!
"Even so, it's not right if a child were to be raised from birth in a gay family"
So you're saying that regardless of your logic, which is all "theoretically speaking"(which seems to me like this is all just something you've thought up in your head, rather than anything that's based on any sort of evidence, peoples experiences, or your own personal experience), gay families are wrong because you're against 2 dads. Are you against single parents, since that's not "the way it was intended to be"? Do you feel 2 dads or 2 mums would be wrong if it was just a pair of friends, or relatives raising the children, rather than partners? Do you feel these children being adopted by gay couples would be better spending most, if not the rest of their childhood growing up in an orphanage?
"The kid would almost certainly be bullied"
So you're saying that someone's prejudice of something based on it being seen as "unusual" should mean that we should base the law on that prejudice, hence keeping gay parents viewed as "unusual". Once upon a time, black people drinking from the same water fountain as white people would have been viewed in a similar way, and many people would have used the possibility of bullying(or worse) as a reason to keep the water fountains segregated.

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - Doctor KuLa - 06-08-2013

(03-28-2013, 01:45 AM)Jamie Wrote: Seeing as I'm gay, YES!
Poland changes, and I must accept gays (Sadly) but not marriage (We have biggest problem in europe, Islam but I not talking about everyone from Islamic faith, because most people are good)
But I thinking about kids not marriage

But I fucking love you too much Jamie to not accept you...

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - WorldWideCoffee - 06-09-2013

(06-08-2013, 07:01 PM)Doctor KuLa Wrote:
Poland changes, and I must accept gays (Sadly) but not marriage (We have biggest problem in europe, Islam but I not talking about everyone from Islamic faith, because most people are good)

But I freaking love you too much Jamie to not accept you...

1.) Jamie isn't gay, he's had a girlfriend before.

2.) Why is it a bad thing you have to except gays? Its funny how people think their some kind of disease or plague. and to reiterate on what Killjoy said, they act and speak just like all of us do or some of them dress and speak in the clothing you see as someone being "gay".

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - Freezak - 06-09-2013

(06-09-2013, 01:41 PM)WorldWideCoffee Wrote:
(06-08-2013, 07:01 PM)Doctor KuLa Wrote:

But I freaking love you too much Jamie to not accept you...

1.) Jamie isn't gay, he's had a girlfriend before.

2.) Why is it a bad thing you have to except gays? Its funny how people think their some kind of disease or plague. and to reiterate on what Killjoy said, they act and speak just like all of us do or some of them dress and speak in the clothing you see as someone being "gay".

1.) People change Tounge
2.) I don't have any problem if a gay remains gay in private/public place, i have a problem when it comes to a gay marriage, i will never accept such strange thing, marriage = kids, gay marriage = no kids, i will feel sorry for an adopted kid by gays.

RE: #1- Gay Marriage y/n? - WorldWideCoffee - 06-09-2013

I wasn't talking to you Freezak, but i appreciate the feedback.

And trust me. Jamie is not gay. All hes doing is trolling this topic and if you cant see that well...Clap clap.

And how can you say Marriage=kids? I know people who have married and said fuck kids due to the financial strain they can put on you.

Also gay marriage can equal kids. I personally will say im very iffy about the whole gay couple adoption thing. There's a chance that the child could be made fun of for not having a traditional Mom and Dad family or that his parents are gay etc etc...But if the child is happy with it and nobody bothers him, by all means im fine with it.