New GMOD update
Gmod updated again and not without problems. I quote a post on the blog from Garry Newman.

Quote:Last night’s patch went out smoothly. Well, not smoothly. At all.

There were problems with a gameinfo.txt error. Let me explain this. When you build a depot for Steam you have to give certain files magic attributes. For example, you can give them an attribute that makes them get extracted from the GCF on launch.

The problem was that all these attributes got erased. I don’t know how, or when. I suspect it’s because I changed the source folder for game files. Anyway, this meant that files that need to be extracted before the game is launched (gameinfo.txt, gm_sqlite.dll) weren’t being extracted. This meant that the launcher couldn’t find them, because it doesn’t look inside the gcf for certain files.

I do find it amusing how people react to an error like this. They seem to think that this is the new GMod, and we’re never going to fix it.

The argument can be made that we should test these updates before I put them out. And that’s right, and we do. This patch was tested for a week, some bugs were fixed. The problem is that with this deployment I couldn’t test that locally. It needed an engine change. I wouldn’t have known for sure that it was broken without it being broken. Plus the file attributes are something I have never had to check in the past (although I will be checking them a lot now).

Apart from that, right now there’s a dedicated server bug, which will be fixed in a tiny patch tonight.

Any other bugs can be attributed to addons (specifically those with module dlls that use shady routines to get at the engine’s inner workings).

We have to wait for Garry to fix this. After the fix the servers will work normal.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Reinstalled my gmod cause it couldnt find my gameinfo.txt...
Garry fixed it this night, we can RolePlay again. Cheese
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
It's been mentioned millions of times, but I'm about to make ti a million and one:

Garry seems to screw up Garry's Mod with every single update.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Indeed, however people often overreact thinking Garry's Mod is ruined for ever and they want theyre money back
If gmod broke for good, I wouldnt want my money back... I have more hours in gmod then most other games, and thats for 10£...
Haha, that's actually true Boom Tounge

Gmod is my cheapest game and thats the game i have played the most Tounge