Has this gone a bit too far already?
Having a strong opinion without being involved, always fun.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Arkten, Feffe
There really is nothing wrong with criticism, it's how it's said most of the time.
Give a kid power and shit happens
The following 2 users Like Apollo18's post:
  • Bobby, Kahjo
I was on the server when this happened.
I'll just say that the dude got far enough warnings to remove the link from his name.
But yeah, the length of the ban is a bit overkill. The person will probably never come back, as he is still quite new to FL.
A 2 hour ban would be more fitting in my opinion.
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
lol i wonder if the fact we are banning our player base for unreasonable amounts of time has anything to do with a dwindling player base.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Agorith
Like Balls said, a ban of a few hours would've been appropriate in this case regardless of the warnings he had to be given beforehand.
It's more than likely you'll never see this player again after him seeing it pop up he's been banned for 7 days, after those 7 days will have passed he surely won't remember Fearless anymore.
Sure it's only one person, but one person can have an enormous dominos effect on the playerbase.
It could lead to him bringing in 2 more friends, and those friends eventually bringing in a few more, etc etc.
It's literally how a community gains its population.

So while this might seem like a silly minor mistake on Reebs's behalf, it's shit like this that also contributed to Fearless's decrease in playerbase.
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Balls, Envy
I feel as if there is more to this than just what you/we are seeing. 7 days ban for this is quite much, but my guess is that there is something that made the ban far longer than it would be at normal times. If it was only him having this tag in his name and he didn't listen to the administrator in question, I do think it's way too long of a ban and should be reduced to a maximum of 1 day. But then again, we're not involved to the degree that the administrator and the banned user was.

As to loosing playerbase based on ban-times;

I don't really think that's the contributing factor to why we're loosing playerbase. Competition in the market of communities/servers is far stronger now than I think it has been for a long time and certain events has split the community and it feels as if the whole community was restarted and as such we're in a phase of building up the playerbase. The fact that we often have a full server between 4 PM to 10 pm is still astonishing. Sure, I long back for the time when you barely could enter the servers and had to resort to v2p. But perhaps time will tell what will happen, as with anything else. I don't think this is a lasting problem, but, I haven't been back for too long, so I might not have the insight or opinion as those who has been here for the last 2 years.

Peace out,
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Random
skid.
The point is this shouldn't have happened in the first place and Reebs should be talked to so it doesn't happen again.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Kahjo
BallsI was on the server when this happened.
I'll just say that the dude got far enough warnings to remove the link from his name.
But yeah, the length of the ban is a bit overkill. The person will probably never come back, as he is still quite new to FL.
A 2 hour ban would be more fitting in my opinion.

Who knows? He could have been the next teacher, or admin, or owner?

OT:

I think, as the majority, this was or what seems a overkill ban but, as floodify covered, some sort of provoked thing triggerd Reebs, I am assuming, to hand out such a hefty ban. It probably was deserved just that kind of time may have been to extreme for such, in this case from what I can see, a minor incident. Maybe a kick saying 'Take the link out of your name' could have been fair?