[Solved]Hl2 Quit Unexpectedly [Smokes]
When I'm playing my game it will all be fine and crashes randomly. It can crash WHEN EVER, but tends to crash mainly when I go to large shoot outs and raid. I'm playing on a Mac and I don't understand what's wrong. PLEASE HELP!
Have you set an autoexec file or any launch options? Sometimes some of the commands in these can make the game unstable.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
What kind of mac are you playing on, what model
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
No I have no launch options and if you have any I could use I could really do with one to help. My mac model well I dont know really but this is what I got from 'About my mac'
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name : Intel Core i5
I found this
-dxlevel 8

This is a launch option I'm going to try let me see if it works, but its a code for the start up when my problem is it will crash anytime through out playing on the server.

Sadly, it doesn't work.
I was thinking you had an old mac that might've not been able to run the game but that doesn't seem to be the case. I figured it might be the graphics card or something.

I'd try turning down your video settings and see if that changes anything, it's worth a try.

There might be some file you have used a long time ago that limits the amount of memory or anything similar? Try deleting your second garrysmod folder to get a fresh start if nothing else works.
(It will recreate itself)
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Removing the launch option won't disable directx 8 mode.
Use this launch option to go back to the default settings: +mat_dxlevel 95 and don't remove it.

This could solve the issues since directx 8 mode itself is broken nowadays.
Thanks a bunch, it worked!
Solved.
[Image: f8f0ed93936736f2ae4c735f1edc05ed.png]