[FL] Snowredwolf, [FL] Raccoon
I want to know why you're bringing up the ban history of other users, GreeD^.

Everything is handled on a case by case basis, and those bans have absolutely no correlation to this case whatsoever.

Considering both your hours and the amount of Roleplay Points you have, you should know much better than to break a simple rule and that warrants a heavier punishment in my eyes.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Shouldn't the other user know better aswell with 1200 hours? Let me remind you that a person was banned with me, who had 0 bans in his 800 hours, and got a longer punishment than someone with 1200 hours and 7 bans prior
Should you not know better than to power game to begin with?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have over 2,000 hours and 40 RPPs. How can you compare yourself to a user with 1,200 hours and not even 10 RPP? You're trying to play it off that you're so innocent here, GreeD^, and I'm sorry to say that it's not working.

Now I would suggest getting back on topic and try not to bring any other cases into this.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

(07-24-2016, 10:00 PM)Reebs Wrote: Should you not know better than to power game to begin with?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have over 2,000 hours and 40 RPPs. How can you compare yourself to a user with 1,200 hours and not even 10 RPP? You're trying to play it off that you're so innocent here, GreeD^, and I'm sorry to say that it's not working.

Now I would suggest getting back on topic and try not to bring any other cases into this.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator

Excuse me? You're the one who brought it off-topic lmao that's honestly pathetic...
Now please check my UBR for an answer to your question, not going to bother typing it again if you're gonna be this childish
More evidence to the case:
The following was written in my UBR by Snowred himself:
"we’ve removed the last chance from your ban as we do not feel like this is needed in this situation, after all you do only have a total of eight bans if we count this one in. "

I ask then, why give me a last chance in the first place?
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
You will take your warning and have your message removed.

The rule is there for a reason. - Avgar
You will take your warning and have your message removed.

The rule is there for a reason. - Avgar
Dude your so salty
(07-30-2016, 07:35 PM)azizo2k Wrote: Dude your so salty

Not involved. Warned.

Reebs
Fearless Moderator
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

To simplify the discussion of the case I will try to address the several points that I think need addressing. Feel free to point out if I miss anything and you'd like for me to address them.

1. You were confronted after 8 hours have passed since you committed power gaming, which makes you believe that the administrator in question has it out for you and wants to get rid of you from the servers.

Answer:
While I understand why it may look questionable at first (seeing as the rule-break occurred quite a while ago before you were confronted), but it is unreasonable to simply assume that the administrator is guilty of pursuing your removal from the servers. In fact, Snowred has given information on exactly why he was checking logs that long ago, which is simply because of a related log check that linked you and Barry together. This happens sometimes as the logs are, to be frank, quite hard to navigate sometimes and you can stumble upon things that you're not really looking for quite easily. On top of that, just like the staff team must assume every player to be innocent until proven guilty, the same should be done with administrators as well. Your concern is valid, don't get me wrong, but it would be unfair for me to assume things unless more conclusive evidence is brought to light.

2. You were given a last chance and a high punishment for the rule break you committed, which was later shortened and the last chance removed. You also pointed out that some other player, in a similar situation to yours, with a similar ban and hour count to you was not give the same terms as you, which you felt was biased against you.

Answer:
Punishment severity
The length and severity of punishments received by players matters not only on the hours they have clocked in on the servers, the number of bans and blacklists they have amassed, but also on the severity of the punishments they had received. Therefore, at times, when a player has committed seemingly mild rule-break over 10 times may still not be on their last chance while players that have received higher severity punishments for more harsh rule breaks may end up being placed on their last chance well before the approximate number of 10 or 12 bans received. Most of the time it falls upon the banning moderators or administrators to decide the length of the punishment for certain rule-breaks, taking into account the points I mentioned above.

The situation
When Snowred had found you guilty of power-gaming, he took everything into consideration and decided to ban you for the time that you were banned initially. As your unban request has shown, however, after some internal discussion among the team, we have decided that the punishment was too harsh and vouched for it to be lightened.

Explanation for lightened punishments
This happens all the time, sometimes the team vouches for punishments to be extended, because they find it too light or sometimes the team vouches to shorten those punishments, because they think it was too harsh. Should the banning moderators or administrators be reprimanded for making decisions that lead to the necessity to change the punishments? Sometimes, sure. Some moderators or administrators may end up giving very unreasonable punishments, but this is quite easily noticed and addressed by the staff team. However, as far as I am aware, in Snowred's defense I have not heard of him handing out many punishments that would later have to be lightened or that were too harsh to begin with. It happens to all of us, when we give a punishment that is too harsh or too light for the rules broken. As I said before, this becomes a concern if the staff member in question does this repeatedly, but not once or twice.

Conclusion:
While your concerns regarding bias against you are fair to have, there is not sufficient evidence to support these claims. On top of that, considering your ban history, it was not completely unreasonable for an administrator to decide that a last chance should be placed on you. This was, however, resolved in your favor and you are no longer on your last chance. Do you have any other points you'd like to make within this case or perhaps any questions you'd like to ask?