Competition | Floodify's Short Film
Well the theme is kinda hard to interpret but I think i'll give it a go.

The main theme straight away could be guessed to be memories. These memories are shown through the device of pictures.

One of the things I noticed is that the camera angles and movement is quite vigorous whenever the guy is in the scenes which could represent his inner struggle and trying to find out what he has forgotten. The setting could have been used quite deliberately as well. Forrest or woods for example. All you see in a forest is trees, trees, trees and more trees which could lead us to a theme of being lost. The forest could mirror his mind as he cannot find the memory that he is looking for and no matter where he looks or runs, everything looks the same and can't find what he is looking for. Another thing I noticed with the setting is the fields he awakens in. Fields can look endless and just like forests, in every direction it looks the same only except fields are mainly empty which could lead us to thinking that there is a theme of loneliness. How do lost and loneliness link with memories? It's easy to get lost in your own mind because after all you control you're mind and what you want to remember stays in your mind and whatever you don't want in your mind can easily be dismissed and refused. After he has made the effort to forget, when he came back up, he doesn't even know who he is. Loneliness could be suggested as when the picture is seen burning, the man is sitting with a woman and the camera pans in and out. This could be a memory being purposely flushed out of his mind. Maybe she died or they were in a relationship and broke up. But the camera shoots them and the picture burning in different frames which could mean that it's a different timezone. What used to be the timezone when he wasn't alone. Can't exactly say why because there is not enough backstory. 

I also tried translating Minnes Vag. I think it means (Might be wrong) "Recalls Vague". Norweigen.
Heh. Apperantly it won at a shortfilm contest in sweden. Nothing major, but still surprising that it was appreciated by an audience. It won the "best edit" price and was voted for the best film, but it was an audience choice and the majority was biased/supported to one nomination. I got a price ish for the most promising filmmaker or something, hehe. Nothing too major, but still fun. But nevertheless, I ended up with new oppertunities in the film industry (can't mention what exactly, but yeah).

just thought I'd share it here as some of your interpretations were very interesting and almost accurate. Keep on guessing - but it is about memories and being stuck in a loop/limbo. But what is the trait that causes this..?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Jono, Georgy
congratz man Cheese great job
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
so uh this happened: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5664152/?ref_=ttvi_tt
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(04-28-2016, 01:11 PM)Floodify Wrote: so uh this happened: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5664152/?ref_=ttvi_tt

Ooh, Floody... making your way onto IMDB. Soon you're gonna be rolling in that green so you can spoil me, yeah?