The community split
Can someone please give a detailed step by step explenation to why the community split? And why you stayed?

Not trying to make anyone upset/ dragging up old dirt.

Just curious
[Image: 0TR6fBz.jpg]
I know that Soulripper had a fight with some developers/staff. But what was the fight about?
[Image: 0TR6fBz.jpg]
I'm sure this thread will be shutdown shortly, as god forbid anyone talk about anything which is clearly in the past.

Essentially the entire of the old admin team, or around 22 people (bar 2 that stayed) left fearless to join 'another community'. They, and many of the players were sick of soul's treatment of the community. From most players that lefts perspective, at least from comments made, it was mostly about the allocation of 'donations' from the server. People didn't like the idea that soul was for the most part pocketing (a lot) of money, and seemingly spending little of it on the server. You can make your own decision on whether you agree or not. I for one applaud Soul in making such as successful business.

From the staff teams perspective, they were sick of unnecessary drama, or lack of cooperation from soul, basically didn't like how it was run. This was an underlying tone for the staff team for months, until they had enough and chose to start their own community.

There's more details around this, which if you dig around in the forums for a bit, you'll find out (unless it has been deleted), but none of it really matters to anyone now.

For some reason though, anytime this topic is brought up, shit flies around. At the end of the day it's not a big deal, both communities are thriving relatively, and are both pretty content.
A more fitting signature. 
I believe that this is a chapter that the community wants to avoid, and just move on.
And I am very unsure if this is a topic, that the community wants to bring up. I'm afraid that this thread can easily start up in a flame war.

If you really want to know it, hit me up on TS, Steam or just send me a PM.

EDIT: Or take a look at Jono's post...
2 quick 4 u
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Mist
(03-24-2016, 12:41 AM)Jono Wrote: 2 quick 4 u

One day Jono.. I'll get ya'.
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • Jono
(03-24-2016, 12:39 AM)Mist Wrote: I believe that this is a chapter that the community wants to avoid, and just move on.
And I am very unsure if this is a topic, that the community wants to bring up. I'm afraid that this thread can easily start up in a flame war.

Same, better dont even ask for / talk about it in Public, because that will just summon a big shit storm war whatever...
(03-24-2016, 01:01 AM)DreeBott Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 12:39 AM)Mist Wrote: I believe that this is a chapter that the community wants to avoid, and just move on.

Same, better dont even ask for / talk about it in Public, because that will just summon a big shit storm war whatever...

The fact that you all treat it like a giant "revolution" is immature in itself. It only has to cause a flame war if you guys make it one. I for one believe it's a topic that's too far gone, and Jono has already explained it to the extent that it has to be.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • mgdwszx
(03-24-2016, 01:25 AM)Falcon Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 01:01 AM)DreeBott Wrote:

The fact that you all treat it like a giant "revolution" is immature in itself. It only has to cause a flame war if you guys make it one. I for one believe it's a topic that's too far gone, and Jono has already explained it to the extent that it has to be.

I think that you're misunderstanding my point.

What makes you think that I believe this is some kind of an revolution? Me, myself don't promote flamewars, and want to stay out of things like these.
That's some odd statements you have there, Falcon Wink.
Always seemed like a pity fight to me, I am glad they left, because a staff team capabale of just leaving like that isn't a well chosen staff team.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.