content size & community input
Best thing is to wait for SoulRipper or someone  to answer. It's seriously hard and annoying to answer every reply here. I don't even have the energy and mood to do this. So here's my last reply.

We don't also tell updates because we did not like how Coded Brain was doing things like - HEY I'M WORKING ON THIS OMG SUPER HYPE ITS TOO AWESOME and stuff. It just looked like he wanted to do something about his ego (no offence bro). Though he is a outstanding coder we just don't like how he did things. Not no mention he never finished a single project.

Ghostkiller - And yes you need code for playermodels. But the problem is with models because we plan to implement a certain system to all playermodels. ALSO I'M A MODELLER. I DON'T CODE.

I think that's all.
The following 1 user Likes DarkN00b's post:
  • Gog
(03-03-2016, 04:04 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Well, we promised not to reveal much. But we actually plan to do that. But there are things that will take some time before we can do things like that. For example, the current content is a real mess and there are some things  that are bugged or just pointless to be there. Also same in codes. I can say it's slowly getting sorted out but it's still slow. I can't tell if it would be faster if I could do it all myself. Honestly I don't know. From my view unless FL makes some important steps before updating the problems with content will get worse and the bugs will increase too.

I agree on this. I don't like how the development is going right now but there's nothing much I can do about that now. But in my opinion it's getting better now. You probably won't believe it but the worst development was when Mavis/Coded Brain/The Doctor was here (no offence it's my opinion) - I won't reveal more about that...

The not revealing too much is ass backwards in my opinion. The staff leaves the community in the dark on too many things for too long (not blaming anyone in particular). Let people get hyped about the content.

In my short time as contributor, I didn't see much change. As contributor, I admittedly had little access, yet I posted about 5 lines of code for an approved suggestion and it never got any response from anyone on the forums. Admittedly, the first iteration was using an incorrect format (the important code was the same and the format change took all of 1 minute) however even a comment saying "hey, this is for a different version of the gamemode" would have been helpful. I became contributor to try and help the community develop things more quickly (shout out to Avgar though - you are a very helpful person and did stay in contact via Steam) but it I received almost no feedback or assistance (developing for a new API - especially without documentation of any form - is not easy), I was practically developing blind (partially for stupid political reasons, and assumptions)

I know the dev team works hard, but when you sit behind closed doors all day and at the end of 4 months have nothing substantial to show, the community begins to wonder.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 2 users Like goigle!'s post:
  • DarkN00b,
This is turning into a falme war thread.

There was some good points, its true, just open your eyes! People are losing interest on FL because we stick with an update for months! Why doesnt Soul open the contributor program again? I dont think that Avgar and himself cant handle all the code. I mean cmon! 1 update for just a player model? Now what? Do we have to wait for one more month just to get an update about some new prop's?
(03-03-2016, 05:24 PM)goigle! Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 04:04 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Well, we promised not to reveal much. But we actually plan to do that. But there are things that will take some time before we can do things like that. For example, the current content is a real mess and there are some things  that are bugged or just pointless to be there. Also same in codes. I can say it's slowly getting sorted out but it's still slow. I can't tell if it would be faster if I could do it all myself. Honestly I don't know. From my view unless FL makes some important steps before updating the problems with content will get worse and the bugs will increase too.

I agree on this. I don't like how the development is going right now but there's nothing much I can do about that now. But in my opinion it's getting better now. You probably won't believe it but the worst development was when Mavis/Coded Brain/The Doctor was here (no offence it's my opinion) - I won't reveal more about that...

The not revealing too much is ass backwards in my opinion. The staff leaves the community in the dark on too many things for too long (not blaming anyone in particular). Let people get hyped about the content.

In my short time as contributor, I didn't see much change. As contributor, I admittedly had little access, yet I posted about 5 lines of code for an approved suggestion and it never got any response from anyone on the forums. Admittedly, the first iteration was using an incorrect format (the important code was the same and the format change took all of 1 minute) however even a comment saying "hey, this is for a different version of the gamemode" would have been helpful. I became contributor to try and help the community develop things more quickly (shout out to Avgar though - you are a very helpful person and did stay in contact via Steam) but it I received almost no feedback or assistance (developing for a new API - especially without documentation of any form - is not easy), I was practically developing blind (partially for stupid political reasons, and assumptions)

I know the dev team works hard, but when you sit behind closed doors all day and at the end of 4 months have nothing substantial to show, the community begins to wonder.

I agree. I don't know what else to say. Because it's actually correct. I believe we should change the development totally. But I can't do that alone anyway. Not to mention my access is same as you had as contributor. Just got access to few forums. I'm also having Avgar helping me out with a lot of things. Atleast in my view I sometimes feel like an engineer without tools.
The following 1 user Likes DarkN00b's post:
  •
(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)Wobbuffet Wrote: This is turning into a falme war thread.

There was some good points, its true, just open your eyes! People are losing interest on FL because we stick with an update for months! Why doesnt Soul open the contributor program again? I dont think that Avgar and himself cant handle all the code. I mean cmon! 1 update for just a player model? Now what? Do we have to wait for one more month just to get an update about some new prop's?

No this is not turning into flame war thread. None is flaming so far. We're just stating our opinions...
People (not naming anyone) are not noticing that the playerbase is dying out because of the development of FL. People get bored with the same old server, which is why change is needed, more things need to be implemented. Suggestions need to start getting approved and updates need to start happening, or FL will die out like a DarkRP server.
(03-03-2016, 05:37 PM)JackZ Wrote: People (not naming anyone) are not noticing that the playerbase is dying out because of the development of FL. People get bored with the same old server, which is why change is needed, more things need to be implemented. Suggestions need to start getting approved and updates need to start happening, or FL will die out like a DarkRP server.

Neither do I and some other people don't, but there are some things that can't happen straight away, it is sometimes hard for people to get together and look at things.
(03-03-2016, 05:44 PM)Gogson8 Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 05:37 PM)JackZ Wrote: People (not naming anyone) are not noticing that the playerbase is dying out because of the development of FL. People get bored with the same old server, which is why change is needed, more things need to be implemented. Suggestions need to start getting approved and updates need to start happening, or FL will die out like a DarkRP server.

Neither do I and some other people don't, but there are some things that can't happen straight away, it is sometimes hard for people to get together and look at things.

Gogson, you signed up in September of 2015. You haven't been apart of this community for long so you really don't have a wide opinion on the situation. You don't know how things used to be, and with development, it was much better. Obviously i know things can be done straight away, but you have to realise the Developers need to take community input, and approve suggestions. The community's voice on FL right now is like a tramp on the street selling the big issue, completely ignored.
I know I haven't been here for long but I know that community input is not taken, imo.
From a personal perspective, I find development in GMod slightly harder because the ways you have to debug is outright terrible. Something like an IDE could be great, but no no, Autorefresh will save Lua, said Garry.

Another reason is that the workflows the developers are using, from development to testing to launch is very unoptimized. I had theorized lots of ways it could be enhanced, but I am not working with GMod anymore.