Poll: Who won?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Police Officers win
30.77%
4 30.77%
Firefights win
46.15%
6 46.15%
Its too hard to choose
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Firefighters vs Police Officers
Well this does depend in which country you live in, Polices are different.
Officer: Move yo firetruck breh!
FireFighter: I parked it like that to help people bro.
*moments later*

Yeah I'm gonna have to go with FireFighters to be honest.
[Image: alfred.png]
(11-02-2015, 12:08 PM)Nuka Wrote: Police, every time. Both are equally important, but I'm a police kind of guy, being in the police and all.

That said, fire services are becoming less valuable. Fire isn't that much of a problem nowadays, compared to ambulance related calls and police related calls.

This^^
How can you put a rating on people who save lives daily? It's going to be both for me, I have a lot of respect for these guys.
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
The following 1 user Likes Audacter's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
(11-02-2015, 12:08 PM)Nuka Wrote: That said, fire services are becoming less valuable. Fire isn't that much of a problem nowadays, compared to ambulance related calls and police related calls.

Tell that to people that live in very hot countries (Like Spain and Australia, which btw I've lived in both, or California). During summer time it's so dry that huge portions of forest go on fire, threatening the homes and lives of literally thousands of people.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • aDisabledDeer
(11-02-2015, 05:49 PM)Audacter Wrote: How can you put a rating on people who save lives daily? It's going to be both for me, I have a lot of respect for these guys.

I never said to put a rating on them, all due respect. 

The point of this thread and the poll was to see which is more important or in other words: if you had the option, which would you be if you could on a more personal level. 

I'd like it to be on the record that I have family and friends in both fields of work, and respect them both as if they were my equal, however I believe that a Police Officers job presents more danger than that of a Firefighters, due to the fact that as Disabled said that there are more of them and they are more likely to be targets due to the fact that they are dealing with the public more than the Fire Department.

I do appreciate the fact that most people are saying that both are equal in their own unique way, which were my exact thoughts, however my vote went to Police because I honestly can't remember a time when I didn't want to be a Police Officer. 

Also, disabled:
I was not aware of that situation in which you linked a video to, as I do not live in the UK.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(11-02-2015, 07:55 PM)Reebs Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 05:49 PM)Audacter Wrote: How can you put a rating on people who save lives daily? It's going to be both for me, I have a lot of respect for these guys.

The point of this thread and the poll was to see which is more important or in other words: if you had the option, which would you be if you could on a more personal level. 

That's like saying which is more important, the pencil or the paper. They are both needed for things to function properly. This thread is a little selfish imo.
(11-02-2015, 09:35 PM)DanManC Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 07:55 PM)Reebs Wrote:

That's like saying which is more important, the pencil or the paper. They are both needed for things to function properly. This thread is a little selfish imo.

In what way is it selfish? I was curious what the community thought about this matter, so I posted a thread and asked for the input of the community.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
How does it make ANY sense to vs these two? Both are important

Whats next, bananas vs space shuttles?
b o t h Smile
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]