Poll: Is 'omg my neighbours are so gay' homophobic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, definitely
13.41%
11 13.41%
No, of course not
76.83%
63 76.83%
Not sure
9.76%
8 9.76%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you consider homophobic?
Was browsing the forums when I came across a certain case where a player was blacklisted for saying 'omg my neighbours are so gay'. I'm not posting this to start shit, I'm quite curious to see whether members actually consider this a 'homophobic slur' and whether it warrants a blacklist?
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 2 users Like mgdwszx's post:
  • DVN, goigle!
Of course it isn't homophobic, and I feel that certain staff members apply some of the rules without any leeway.

Being someone who is from the LBGT community, I don't think this should warrant a blacklist, ban, or even a warning - we need to stop being so politically correct and lighten up a little bit.

If he had said something like "Gays should die" then yes, ban him for homophobia, but this is just not worthy of anything.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
The following 8 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • mgdwszx, DVN, Huskii, goigle!, Awestruck, Nuka, TravisMiles, Hungames
Thing is, it wasn't even targeted nor was it maliciously aimed at anyone on the server. He didn't even break a rule lmao.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Huskii, goigle!, Awestruck
It is pretty ridiculous. I was seconds from ranting on the UBL itself but restrained myself haha. So far 80% of people don't consider it homophobic, noice
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
No, claiming otherwise is what I'd consider homophobic
I was about to tell a story Sad
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • mgdwszx
RIP me, the ruling is out and it's been denied
Grub Wrote:Look,

It was used in a derogatory sense. That is blatantly obvious and one cannot ignore the facts here.

Case denied.

If it wasn't such a "big deal", I don't believe the "Think before you speak" campaign would of been launched. My only recommendation to you is to not use it on Fearless as we care for everyone here.

Ironically he linked to a video about gay being used to insult someone or mean "dumb or stupid" when I literally meant my roommates were gay and wasn't insulting them...
I also didn't see any proof of it being used in a derogatory sense personally and it looks to me like Grub glossed over the fact that my roommates were gay as I don't think he would have linked to the video because he would know that it makes almost zero sense in context with the other posts.

That said, it's a 30 minute blacklist so I'm not going to care too much I just wanted it off my record.
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Inb4 closed because the powers that be hate talking about these sorts of things, especially if they risk being in the wrong
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 4 users Like Toxic's post:
  • goigle!, Prosto, mgdwszx, Awestruck
HAS ANYONE NOT REALISED THAT GAY ALSO MEANS HAPPY? THIS PUNISHMENT IS NOT ACCURATE, HE INTERPRETED THE SENTENCE FOR HIMSELF, DIDN'T EVEN ENQUIRE OR INVESTIGATE WHAT WAS REALLY MEANT.

Sorry for the cap's lads, it's just so pathetic because that could literally mean 'My roommates are so happy (gay) omg' - You cannot tell me he didn't mean it in that way, whether they are homosexual or not, the word has two clear defined meanings, not sure if Mr Hitmon knew that though?
The following 5 users Like DVN's post:
  • aDisabledDeer, goigle!, MegaOmega, sebasti161, Link
(11-03-2015, 09:13 AM)DVN Wrote: HAS ANYONE NOT REALISED THAT GAY ALSO MEANS HAPPY? THIS PUNISHMENT IS NOT ACCURATE, HE INTERPRETED THE SENTENCE FOR HIMSELF, DIDN'T EVEN ENQUIRE OR INVESTIGATE WHAT WAS REALLY MEANT.

Sorry for the cap's lads, it's just so pathetic because that could literally mean 'My roommates are so happy (gay) omg' - You cannot tell me he didn't mean it in that way, whether they are homosexual or not, the word has two clear defined meanings, not sure if Mr Hitmon knew that though?

I agree with DVN. The word Gay is mostly pretended as a homophobic word, while it has diffrent meanings. I mean, what is the meaning for banning players which use legit words? I understand that it is something complicated, but god 2k13+ is complicated with all this homophobic shit.
The following 4 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • DVN, mgdwszx, Awestruck, goigle!