Better Communication of Changed Rules
Yesterday Sourlemon and target loss prevention agent were banned for  rule 12.7. This is not a discussion about that incident necessarily, however that incident is a key point in what I am about to talk about.

Here's a thread about the racism rule - posted August 1st 2015.

Here's a thread about multiple rule changes - posted August 26th 2015 and then archived at an unknown date.

I saw the first thread but I never saw the second one (I have no idea when it was archived). What sense does it make to keep a thread about 1 rule change up for 2 months and then keep a thread with more than 10 changes up for less than a month? (It wasn't taken down but it was put in the archive - not the first place people check for important changes to the community). The thread doesn't even list all the rule changes. I'm not asking for a copy of all the rules that were changed in the thread, maybe a quick summary (like the one provided) and then a full list of rule numbers that were added/changed/removed. Yes, people can read the rules, but we're human and chances are people are going to miss some rules
(especially if it was a removal).

Personally, I think any time a rule is removed it should be listed as an important change especially if the rule let's people do something. This is why Sour and target are relevant: they both have well over 1,000 hours. They were banned for killing/injuring SRU. The rule they were in violation of was 12.7:

Quote:12.7 Do not kill or injure any other government member.

This rule was recently changed. How recently? I have no idea. I didn't personally even know the rule was changed until they were banned. This is what the government rules used to be (potentially not all of them 12.8 and 12.8a were for sure a thing on the server however):
[Image: 9Iq7SWB.jpg?1]

Only one change to this set was in the thread, the one about shooting vehicles. Under this set of rules their actions would have been fine, as 12.8 had an exception for defending yourself or others.
Again, I wasn't there or otherwise involved, but based on what I've been told and read about the situation I would have shot the SRU too (and probably been banned for a rule removal I didn't know about).

I also think that rule changes should show in-game somehow so that people who do not check the forums often have notification.

What are your thoughts?
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
I agree, many new rules have been added like the one regarding banning vehicles not being a 'raidable' reason even though is drastically effects your character.
You've never been allowed to team kill or even shoot a member of your team (purposefully). The updates tab is for development so they wouldn't really belong there. If a rule changes though it would be good if a message or something flashed up when you went into the F1 menu for the first time after that's changed telling the player what rules have been changed.
(09-27-2015, 03:21 PM)Suarez Wrote: You've never been allowed to team kill or even shoot a member of your team (purposefully). The updates tab is for development so they wouldn't really belong there. If a rule changes though it would be good if a message or something flashed up when you went into the F1 menu for the first time after that's changed telling the player what rules have been changed.

I can see your point about the updates tab. Also, you have been allowed to teamkill previously, it's in the picture I posted.

Quote:12.8a Exception: If an officer or SWAT officer is attempting to take your life or that of innocent people, you may use force to stop them
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
The following 1 user Likes goigle!'s post:
  • Coded Brain
(09-27-2015, 03:42 PM)Goigle Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 03:21 PM)Suarez Wrote: You've never been allowed to team kill or even shoot a member of your team (purposefully).

you have been allowed to teamkill previously, it's in the picture I posted.

Quote:12.8a Exception: If an officer or SWAT officer is attempting to take your life or that of innocent people, you may use force to stop them

I can confirm this rule was there and I'm kinda surprised it was removed.

Also when Suarez says it's never been there and Nighthawkd says he didn't know about certain rules, it makes me wonder if the staff actually read the rules they're supposed to enforce (as right now (to me) it doesn't appear so).
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(09-27-2015, 07:04 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 03:21 PM)Suarez Wrote: You've never been allowed to team kill or even shoot a member of your team (purposefully).

Also when Suarez says it's never been there and Nighthawkd says he didn't know about certain rules, it makes me wonder if the staff actually read the rules they're supposed to enforce (as right now (to me) it doesn't appear so).

Woah dude, are you trying to create a flame war? Your post might get locked. watch out.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
(09-27-2015, 07:16 PM)Zerdrick Wrote: Woah dude, are you trying to create a flame war? Your post might get locked. watch out.

1st: It's an observation and not intended to incite flame.
2nd: a 'post' cannot be locked but it can be hidden.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • goigle!
Yeah this really confused me, I mean, am I supposed to stand there and take it like a champ?
The following 2 users Like SourLemon's post:
  • Coded Brain, Ali
(09-27-2015, 07:16 PM)Zerdrick Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 07:04 PM)RIC0H Wrote:

Woah dude, are you trying to create a flame war? Your post might get locked. watch out.

Funny how after your AA thread, and complaining thread got closed, you started to act so "sarcastic" under every thread related to rules or admins. It looks pathetic
Closed before the thread derails more.