DayZ - SURVIVAL STORIES
DayZ Survival Stories

I like DayZ.... A LOT... And I created this thread because I want us all to share our amazing stories about what has happened in DayZ.
I have quite a few stories, and I thought it would be awesome to share these stories with you guys! 

It would also be awesome if anyone else has any stories to contribute, almost any encounter in DayZ is worth mentioning and I hope
more people are like me and want to share them with other people!  Cheese

Cannibalism, betrayal and murder

Berezino is a cold relentless place, I found myself in a place where the only person with a gun was me. I ultimately became the feared person which nobody messed with. I ended up getting 2 loyal people who stuck with me for quite a while. After running around killing people who tried to do likewise to us, we settled in the firestation with a fire.
My precious life ended in this case with a 9mm bullet from my "loyal" friend when I was looking out at the other side of the dock. (Never borrow your pistol to someone.)

Stary Sobor 

I had spent quite a long time traveling up north, my goal was to get up to the NWAF. On the way I decided to go through Stary Sobor in a hope to find some things in the tents in the town. After checking the tents for maybe 1 -2 minutes this guy practically popped out of nowhere.
I quickly ran behind one of the tents while he fired 2 shots towards me, he then crouched down and camped one side of the tent. He was so stupid I managed to flank around to the other side of the tent and shoot five .45ACP rounds into his chest, immediately killing him. 
I scavenged everything I needed and kept on my journey to NWAF.

What is your story and would you care to share? I am waiting in suspense!  Cheese
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Do you play dayz mod or dayz standalone?
SA:

Was at NWAF with my mate looting barracks, were about 30 people on so we were a bit edgy. I step out one of the huts and see some guy pointing a Mosin at us, I say 'Hi' and he steps out. I tell my friend to come outside on Teamspeak and we decide to rob this guy. We reraise our weapons (had mutually lowered them once we saw he was friendly) and forced him to drop EVERYTHING. When it came to his Mosin, he was literally begging me to not leave him defenceless. However, it was camouflaged, had Ghillie netting or whatever, and I really wanted it. He begged me, saying, 'Please, I'm a sniper, it is my gun!'. I froze, turned, pulled out my pistol -
'I don't like snipers'
One tap him
felt shit afterwards for being such a vagina but survival of the fittest eh

Epoch:
Was sitting at a junction with a friend, over a campfire, near Elektro. We heard a car approaching so we jumped into some bushes and waited. A small sedan approached, and we completely fucking destroyed it. An AK and a DMR at close range ripped it apart in a couple of seconds, it veered off the road, hit a tree, and exploded.

Couple of days after this was near Balota doing some pickups and a motherfucker in an Apache shot me down. Managed to bail, and my mate, about 1.2k away shot the pilot out of the helo whilst it was pretty low to the ground. It crashed, turns out had a couple members of a well respected clan inside it, we looted them and returned to base. About an hour later we heard a cacophony of vehicles, helis, fucking IFVs, turns out we shot down an admin oop

got rekt lost all our gear ;(
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
Adding on to that since Im on my phone and can't edit it easily, was grinding looting spots for like 8 hours with my friend, it was about 33°C IRL and we were both tired, I handcuffed him in the NWAF for banta and when I uncuffed him he shot me - didn't talk to each other for 3 days
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • Haarek
(09-24-2015, 05:21 PM)MacTavish Wrote: Do you play dayz mod or dayz standalone?

I only play DayZ SA, I like the mechanics better and how it looks :Tounge Specially now because there are no OP automatic tank rifles and all that like the mod has. 
(I like it a little more rustic, barely surviving, cracked scopes loud old guns with old dusty ammunition.) 

(09-24-2015, 05:48 PM)Devin Wrote: SA:

Was at NWAF with my mate looting barracks, were about 30 people on so we were a bit edgy. I step out one of the huts and see some guy pointing a Mosin at us, I say 'Hi' and he steps out. I tell my friend to come outside on Teamspeak and we decide to rob this guy. We reraise our weapons (had mutually lowered them once we saw he was friendly) and forced him to drop EVERYTHING. When it came to his Mosin, he was literally begging me to not leave him defenceless. However, it was camouflaged, had Ghillie netting or whatever, and I really wanted it. He begged me, saying, 'Please, I'm a sniper, it is my gun!'. I froze, turned, pulled out my pistol -
'I don't like snipers'
One tap him
felt shit afterwards for being such a *** but survival of the fittest eh

Interesting, my problem with NWAF is that I am so scared I do not dare to venture into the houses or anything because I am almost certain people will be in them. So I end up getting sniped in the bushes or something trying to stand still and scope people out
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • mgdwszx
My experience; Went north to the airfield to get sum of dem gud gunz, got shot = rage quit.

Havent really played it that much tho. Keep getting shot or die randomly. Those characters are made of very fragile glass.
(09-24-2015, 06:08 PM)Midget Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 05:21 PM)MacTavish Wrote: Do you play dayz mod or dayz standalone?

I only play DayZ SA, I like the mechanics better and how it looks :Tounge Specially now because there are no OP automatic tank rifles and all that like the mod has. 
(I like it a little more rustic, barely surviving, cracked scopes loud old guns with old dusty ammunition.) 

(09-24-2015, 05:48 PM)Devin Wrote: SA:

'I don't like snipers'
One tap him
felt shit afterwards for being such a *** but survival of the fittest eh

Interesting, my problem with NWAF is that I am so scared I do not dare to venture into the houses or anything because I am almost certain people will be in them. So I end up getting sniped in the bushes or something trying to stand still and scope people out

Yah NWAF is creepy af - during my first session my mate led me on a two hour goose chase to the NWAF, I asked why we bothered coming here, his response:
'to die'
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • Haarek
Is DayZ worth it, and where should I get it from?
The following 1 user Likes Conn's post:
  • JackZ
Dayz standalone is NOT worth it. Do NOT buy it.
DayZ is my favorite steam game, however i can't play it at high FPS so i tend to not play it anymore
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Haarek