Windows 10 - No Need to Wait for Microsoft
Hi guys. As we all know, windows 10 was released today and Microsoft have some absurd queueing system that you are supposed to wait until they say its OK for you to get the upgrade. I say to hell with that, so some geniuses have came up with a way to force the update through. Expediting the process and leaving you with a neat new Windows 10, by the way, its about 100 times better than Windows 8.

Here's what you will need, Windows Update page in Control Panel, Administrator Command Prompt and an hour or two of your time. Also if you are a smoker I suggest having a couple of cigs at the ready. As this can be stressful.

Alright, now lets get started. First of all ensure that all important and essential updates are installed through Windows update, don't worry about Microsoft Silverlight. Also you need to have reserved yourself windows 10. Through the Get Windows 10 program, if you don't have that. CLICK HERE

First, navigate to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” (you may need to replace C: with a different drive letter if you installed Windows elsewhere) and delete all the files there. This will give Windows Update a clean slate.

[Image: Windows_10_force_1.png]

Open Windows Update by hitting the Windows key, typing “Windows Update” and clicking on it.

[Image: windows_10_force_2.png]

Open up the command prompt by hitting the Windows key and typing in cmd. Don’t hit enter. Right click and choose “Run as administrator.”

[Image: windows_10_force_3.png]

Type (but do not enter yet) “wuauclt.exe /updatenow” — this is the command to force Windows Update to check for updates.

[Image: windows_10_force_4.png]

Back in the Windows Update window, click “Check for updates” on the left hand side. It should say “Checking for updates…”

[Image: windows_10_force_5.png]

While this is happening, switch back to the command prompt and enter the command you already typed in.

[Image: windows_10_force_6.png]

You should now see Windows Update say that it is downloading Windows 10. Before you actually install it though, back everything up and make sure you’re ready.

TROUBLESHOOTING

Now this is a very temperamental process, and doesn't always work, so if you get the update failed, then unfortunately you will have to start from the very beginning in clearing all the files in the drive, this is where the smokers will no doubt want to have a cig. Now just before you do restart the process you will need to restart the Background Intelligence Transfer Service (BITS) to do this, go to Task Manager, Services, filter by name, right click on BITS and restart. Then begin the process all over again.

[Image: iGiFqm2.png]

You should then get this, with the text below the loading bar, no text, not working, try again.

[Image: HKK3RwS.png]

I wont lie this took me over 20 tries to get it done, and wasted about 2 and a half hours of my time. But at least I now have Windows 10, which as I said, is great.

SOURCE
[Image: giphy.gif]
Not that I don't trust your method, I don't trust your method.

I think I'll wait until the official queue dies down.
(07-29-2015, 05:24 PM)Jamster Wrote: Not that I don't trust your method, I don't trust your method.

I think I'll wait until the official queue dies down.

What is there not to trust. All it does is forces windows update to update lol. You can check out the phrase used in CMD on google to see what it actually does. There isn't any downloading or anything involved. I used the exact same process this morning.

Also, you could be waiting for weeks, just saying.
More so, I'd rather not start fucking around with system files to then find out the update failed.

At least if it fails with the official windows update, there will be an automatic fall back, rather than having to spend hours manually restoring backups.
I'm not sure what part you don't understand, this is the official Microsoft download...all you are doing is forcing windows update to fetch the update, rather than Microsoft pushing it.

It's really that simple. Nothing about the download is different, the backup thing is what you should be doing any time you install an official new OS
OR just go to the hidden file in your C: drive which contains a hidden folder with the Windows 10 Setup in it. It can be located at: C:\$Windows.~BT
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
^ Doesn't work. I tried that earlier.
Attempting this now, thanks for the post Smile
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
Download Windos 10 trough kickasstorrent , format your disk drive and install , best and better way , fresh and clean new window system
Well, just been stuck on this screen for a while....

http://prntscr.com/7yjsyj
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander