Food System - Recipes and Plants - Community Input
equal: I think the best solution is to allow all players to keep their old fish till they are all used up, but when the fishing update comes, remove the old fish from the loot table. That way players who spent the time collecting hoards of fish don't lose anything, the staff doesn't have to worry about refunds, and till you ran out, you would have an abundance of an item that will become increasingly rare till enough time passes to warrant the final stage phase out.

Wood: I see a lot of potential in the list. I wanted to know if lettuce and a few of the other vegtables could also be grown. Orange juice could be 2/3x oranages and be crafted. Also, I have an idea to allow for different "stat" boosts that could play in so people won't just go after "teh best fuuds".

Example: Orange gives 5 stamina when eaten, but 0-5 hunger. Orange juice gives 15-30 stamina and 5-10 hunger.

Generally, fruits could give minor stamina, meats could offer minor health. For balancing, compare which items have been combined into a recipe and tailor it around those some form of similar system. You could also have food that offers negative effects, such as "Wood's Super Feast" gives 100 hunger, 25 health, -50 stamina. It would work out because stamina now takes longer to drain and refill. It fits RP because it's a feast, you usually get tired and don't go running around after because you'll get sick.

Just loose thoughts, I've dreamed of this crafting system for YEARS now. Growing should be allowed for citizens because it opens up farmer rp, with a chef you can do full blow food processing plant rp and have a citizen who sells the product while the chef sits in the factory and processes the food the workers are growning. This update is a serious win for passive rp.

BE WARNED: If you put too much use in the grown items, it will have serious impacts on aggressive rp and contrabasing. Try to find a balance that works, else you will basically provide a way to completely eliminate the purpose of the chef. Example: Why buy anything from a chef if I can grow food, weed, drugs from the safety of my nearly doomfort. The recent impression given by the staff is "Yeah it could be abused, but we shouldn't restrict the good roleplayers". I urge you to remember that you are only as strong as your weakest link and take your time. Do not rush this project, grow it.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Jono
(06-29-2015, 01:11 PM)Jokhah Wrote: Try to find a balance that works, else you will basically provide a way to completely eliminate the purpose of the chef.  Example: Why buy anything from a chef 

What is wrong with that?

In my opinion I think we should flat out remove the chef class upon creating this system and simply make the outfit purchasable. I think in general the merchant classes should be removed all together, but slowly and as we develop our crafting system(s). There is no reason to keep such restricted classes that are only meant to do this or that when a citizen should be able to do just that if they have the resources/recipes. Removing the ability to spawn food from F1 would also be something I wish to see happen after the crafting/recipe system is implemented, which would be a drastic change for the better that would completely revamp the player economy as demand would likely be above the supply for the most part. We would see more clans dedicated towards producing said goods, seeing fisheries and large scale farming operations. 
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • Obay
Looks good!
Nevy: I respect that you wish to remove shop jobs and make it all custom, however you need to remember that this is a semi-serious gamemode. There are plenty of clockwork gamemode servers that you can check out if you would like to see how the idea functions. They end up difficult to learn and typically are unfriendly towards other players. Additionally, if you remove shop classes, you may as well kiss general passive RP goodbye and call it Citystrike RP. At that point, with no market, everyone could easily become an island of sitting in their own armored house and craft everything in the gamemode with no interaction from anyone else. Sure, you COULD make your own shop that sells made weapons and ammo, but there would be absolutely no reason to shop at it, mechanically speaking. May as well remove rebels, corleones, security guards, chaffeurs, nexus secretary as well because they can also be done customly. You would end up with these jobs: Paramedic, Police, SWAT, Fireman, President, and custom job. Seems like a lovely idea till you look at it on paper. Custom RP should be a choice, not a requirement.
The following 3 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • equal, Dauntless, slicedhomos
I have to agree; we really can't make the chef or any other classes obsolete. Let's craft this update carefully and ensure that there's space for farmers, fishermen, bait-diggers, and chefs in there. I think that chefs should be the only ones capable of producing the good meals, and so on, and these best meals will be reliant on both vegetables (from the farmers) and fish (from the fishermen and bait-diggers).
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • mobiledove
(06-29-2015, 03:05 PM)Nevy Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 01:11 PM)Jokhah Wrote: Try to find a balance that works, else you will basically provide a way to completely eliminate the purpose of the chef.  Example: Why buy anything from a chef 

What is wrong with that?

In my opinion I think we should flat out remove the chef class upon creating this system and simply make the outfit purchasable. I think in general the merchant classes should be removed all together, but slowly and as we develop our crafting system(s). There is no reason to keep such restricted classes that are only meant to do this or that when a citizen should be able to do just that if they have the resources/recipes. Removing the ability to spawn food from F1 would also be something I wish to see happen after the crafting/recipe system is implemented, which would be a drastic change for the better that would completely revamp the player economy as demand would likely be above the supply for the most part. We would see more clans dedicated towards producing said goods, seeing fisheries and large scale farming operations. 

I think we should stay out making this like PERP.
@Jokhah: Alternatively, I respect your opinion on the matter and also note that while this is a semi-serious gamemode that does not indicate that we have to only develop our gamemode for those that are incapable of understanding how to play the game and know every single aspect of the game. There are plenty of DarkRP gamemode servers that are out there that have the current system we have and I've had my fair share of DarkRP and will note that is has never been something that I was very fond of. 

Maybe I didn't convey my vision as well as I could have but this is how I would like to see our game-mode:
  • Schematic prices are increased and become an investment
  • Resources can be gathered through alternate methods; both Pas/Agr (Stealing, Mining, Farming, Logging, Fishing)
With this in mind there are going to be very few people that are able to possess every single schematic, unless they were to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars for said schematics. Owning a schematic does not mean you can just produce your items in an armored house nor does it result in a loss of player interaction. The individual who possesses the schematic will of course still be required to obtain said resources to produce the item. They by all means should be able to go out and gather those resources themselves or alternatively buy them off of other players. They could hire people, give them tools and a salary and have them go out and collect. If anything, this is going to increase player interaction rather than how it is right now. 

Spoiler: Average Chef Conversation
Citizen: 5 chinese please
Chef: $1500
Citizen: ok

Even so, the chef class has become redundant as most classes are allowed to fish and the cost of fish is relatively cheaper and replenishes more hunger than the items spawned by the chef. Not to mention, it is a rare day in EvoCity when someone buys something below Chinese Food (besides alcohol). 

"Sure, you COULD make your own shop that sells made weapons and ammo, but there would be absolutely no reason to shop at it, mechanically speaking."

Is there a reason for me to go to someone to buy fish when I myself possess the full capability to go and catch said fish myself? The process for crafting said item(s) would be a tedious process and an expensive investment considering the schematic for building a gun may range > $50,000. If they wish to spend the time, energy and money then by all means they should be able to.

May as well remove rebels, corleones, security guards, chaffeurs, nexus secretary as well because they can also be done customly. You would end up with these jobs: Paramedic, Police, SWAT, Fireman, President, and custom job.  Seems like a lovely idea till you look at it on paper.  Custom RP should be a choice, not a requirement

I see no issue in removing some of those positions anyways, as the Security Guard role itself is unneeded. Respectively, the chaffeur class is something that can again be modified to be a business venture rather than an F1 button. You invest in a Chaffeur License and a Taxi Cab and you should be good to go. People have RP'ed this class many times, from private drivers to forming an Uber agency in EvoCity. 

The statement that Custom RP should be a choice is something that I do not necessarily understand considering that there is a relatively small difference what I am suggesting:

• Security Job - Current State
  • Citizen - Custom Job Title "Security Guard - Purchasable Security Guard Outfit
It shouldn't be as simple as joining a job and spawning items, imo.
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • evilmat360, Blurr
I feel there needs to be lots of perks with different food, so the system is used all around.
Perp, that was the gamemode I was thinking of. Thanks Darkn00b.

Nevy, I see your point kind of, however if you were required to invest to get schematics, you would be excluding new players from performing some sections of rp till they have aquired the money to invest into them. Though this might be a turn on to some, to others it would definately more of a hinderance. Security Guards have special ruleset (defensive fighter only) applied to them, for this they are given extra income per check. Chaffeur has access to the bus and the taxi, but either needs more work or needs to be scrapped. Some jobs I can agree with, but some I cannot.

You aren't on the wrong thought train on needing to beef up the place and make it better, we both agree the place can be better. I just think that your end vision would transform this gamemode into something completely different than it is. This place has never not played to its more average players, even in some cases our less than average ones. If we stop catering to ALL players, for example the recent trend of catering to the "better" roleplayers, not only do we slow our growth/increase work for staff, but the community would also come off as elitist. If this place wants to be "good" roleplayers only, players like me would be forced to go find a home elsewhere that actually has heart.

P.S. I wish people would stop using DarkRP as if it were anything other than just another gamemode. There is nothing wrong with it nor is it inherently bad. The staff and community determine how good or bad a server is, not the gamemode. Not saying you used it in negative context, but most elitist FL members seem to believe this to be true.
The following 2 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Voluptious, slicedhomos