Return of Nacreas
(06-28-2015, 04:39 PM)connbob1 Wrote:
Quote:
  1. 3. Only write a goodbye thread when you're going to leave the community forever or when you will be away for several months.

Just like to point out, this is for goodbye threads. Not resignation threads.

It's a standard protocol to inform the community of a staff member leaving/(re)joining, because it impacts the structure of gameplay, forum moderation, server administration, etc .
I'm not saying that community departures don't matter. But players leave far more often than staff. And whether they make a thread or not: what's going to change on the servers besides a lack of presence?

Take Nac, for example. Since his departure, GMT+/-8 had a huge decline in administrative activity. It was me and Nev balancing 12 hours on 2 servers between us.

The Teachers lacked a Liaison Officer and applications piled up.

Players lost a calm, understanding administrator who could control a situation whilst not being a dick.

Now take all of the aforementioned, add the 3.5 @ Call/Per Minute average, plus ban requests, plus minges, plus decision making, plus activity, plus Real Life circumstances (we're not robots, shocker), and you have yourself a guy who has spread himself extremely thin to try and accommodate all of this.

And you have the audacity to call him pathetic?

We care about the community. We care about staff. We care about dear old Nac, and his wellbeing. You think we just popped his little star icon on as soon as he rejoined the servers? We discussed it and took into consideration the fact that people might raise eyebrows.

Never did we anticipate (former) players to call him pathetic.

Good day sir.

The following 9 users Like Safira's post:
  • Nacreas, GeorgeTheBoy, Brynn, CommanderEcho, Decay, Faustie, James_Gaff, Mustang, Davidson
(06-28-2015, 05:30 PM)Reefaz Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 05:28 PM)Jan Wrote:
(06-28-2015, 05:23 PM)Reefaz Wrote: Can't we just give Jan a forum ban so we don't have to deal with his bitching?

Can't people like Reefaz stop hopping on the bandwagon?

I'm not really hopping on the bandwagon, I've always hated you and wished that a piano randomly would fall over you while you're walking down the street. 

How cute, another person that likes to suck on objects.
FL:RP - The only place an admin thread can go to shit.
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • Dauntless
Don't worry Nac me and my boys will back.
The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • Nacreas
Welcome back Nac, I am so pleased that you are back because you are a brilliant addition to the staff team, goodluck.
Welcome back Nacreas! Smile
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
Thank you to those that have maintained a positive attitude within the News & Announcements sections. Our team highly appreciate your views with regards to the stated topic and we respect your rights, however the the stated administrator is within rights to the their privacy, took a small break and has now returned to offer us his fantastic service.

On behalf of the team we thank you all for your positive response and giving our staff member a warm welcome back!

Disclaimer:
Person(s) who continue to argue with one an other will be warned and potentially banned for the forums for a fixed time of 1-2 months (With no chance to appeal) Please be constructive and refrain from escalating your opinions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards
Fearless Administrator
~Obay 
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
The following 5 users Like Obay's post:
  • Blurr, Voluptious, CommanderEcho, Nacreas, James_Gaff
It's a shame a thread of this sort cause such a scene. People complain about their not being enough staff, so from losing a very credible Administrator to re-gaining him back on our side shouldn't start conflict.

Welcome back, Nacreas.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Nacreas
Why is everyone so damn fragile? Shit happens in life that makes you take a leave. Sometimes you aren't sure how serious it will be. The only reason I didn't resign the last week while being kinda MIA/busy was because I knew that the film projects I was working on would only take 1 week maybe 2.

Nac had no idea how circumstances would change or what would change in his own mind, but it was the right thing to do for him to make a resignation instead of just not playing on the server and failing to do the job he had volunteered for.

People need to realize that you are allowed to have opinions, but if your opinion is shit to other people and obviously not a favorable one. Stop expecting people to care about it or even listen to you bicker. Its like saying the President sucks, that's your opinion. A lot of people would disagree and most importantly he doesn't give a fuck if you think he sucks. He will do his job anyway.
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Nacreas
Welcome back Nac!