Rate the New Weapon System
As I said in my comment on it, you should be able to see the modifcations that someone has on their gun. Like if I were a citizen and looking at a SWAT's gun; I should be able to see the modification he/she has on that gun if any.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • Dauntless
(06-07-2015, 09:51 AM)Smex Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 06:16 AM)Jono Wrote: Not sure if anyone else feels the same why, but I'd rather have the same 4 ammunition types which the weapon system used to have. I don't see any positive gains from having so many different types of ammo other than realism, personally.

I think it was made like that as a money sink for the richer players of the community 

No, I disagree.

Most of the 'richer' players in the community don't really PVP, as if they did, they wouldn't be rich. The only thing the different ammos do actually contribute isn't a money sink, but a time sink and an inconvenience. I think the pricing of the ammo is okay, perhaps even a little low. But we quite frankly don't need 9 or 10 different types of ammo.

If the feature was taken away, would anyone actually be bothered about losing it?

I'd personally rather see a system where modifications were like 5k or so, and the guns are the expensive part. I don't understand why certain modifications are equal to or greater than the price of the gun they're using. That needs adjusting to make modifications viable to the members of the community whom don't have money to burn.

I don't know, I just don't really feel the current system. After using it in roughly 4-5 'proper' raids now, I feel like I like the look of it, the sound of it and in general the handling. It just is missing a little something. I feel the damage should be nerfed by 5hp per shot or so to make gunfights last a little longer. Granted it may be less realistic, but so is stabbing someone 8 times in the head to kill them.

Honestly hope those whom are unhappy with the system do air their concerns and don't just remain content with it. Might just be me moaning as per usual, but there is a distinct lacking of something with the current weapon system. 
A more fitting signature. 
Regarding pricing, we tried to scale the weapons/ammo/mod prices up in a curve, so to speak, so handguns etc. are cheaper than they used to be and viable for even the newest players, your mid-range rifles (ak/galil etc.) are moderately priced and affordable rather quickly, and the high-end gear is very expensive.

Mod prices could perhaps do with tweaking, but they're scaled in the same way: pistol mods are very cheap, etc.

It's possible to cut down the ammo types, but then we'd probably want to make each individual ammo-type more expensive, so as to avoid the issue of people just pulling a sniper and two rifles out of their arse on a whim. Still, this would be very possible.

The old third-person crosshair was an exploit due to unfinished code, not a feature. It was supposed to be more dynamic, but even if that was fixed, third-person lets you ignore all recoil still with some of the new weapons, so it had to be seriously nerfed; such an advantage through this exploit would render mods etc. pointless.

It's unlikely that we'd tweak damage unless over 50% of the community (and not just the very loud ones who like to think they're 50% alone) say that they want it so. It was balanced over a lot of testing and even just taking off 5 across the board would render some weapons pointless. We already have a lot of requests and suggestions for improving medkits so that you can't just spam them with no effort, so it's clear that at least some of our community enjoy the new gunfights.

What we may do, however, is consider implementing a new type of kevlar. We'd first upgrade the existing kevlar so that you can take it off at 100hp, or drop a damaged kevlar which could be 'fixed' for a small fee. Then, we could consider adding a heavier, more-expensive variant of kevlar for the SRU/police/corleone/rebels. This is only a possibility, still. The reason I don't mention citizens is it's already odd enough your average citizen can wear kevlar and carry rifles; giving them high-grade kevlar would be even weirder.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Benporium
Sorry, i do not use weapons, well sometimes but when i do i get in trouble so i try to stay away.
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
Hopefully tonight I'll implement some changes to the ammo system, where we'll be cutting out three ammo types.

Existing:
[Image: 58b1c6306332e35947c43ffca1a68a6a.png]

Proposed changes:
[Image: 86920a6bd5f103755206f7ebc148b646.png]

It cuts out three types of ammo, taking us from 10 (not including tranq) to 7 ammo types. I'll also rename each ammo type to "9x19mm pistol ammo/pistol 9x19mm", "NATO battle rifle 7.62x51mm" etc., which both keeps a slightly realistic touch with the actual calibres, and explains what each ammo type is slightly better. That or I'll just call them "NATO battle rifle ammo" and have the calibre in the description, as well as what guns it's used for. I'm not sure yet. Please give me your thoughts on this.

Spoiler :
Options are:

Name: NATO battle rifle 7.62x51mm
Description: Guns used

Name: NATO battle rifle ammo
Description: 7.62x51mm ammo, used in: "guns"

The latter option would also let me write two different calibres in the description for the mr/deagle, and for the rifles (of which the ak74 would realistically not use NATO ammo).

I'll try and get this done by tonight, once I've reviewed it with the admins. Thanks to Jono for helping me with this.
The following 4 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Cody, Greed^, Jono, Benporium
^ Looks great Faust, can't wait
Sounds like a good idea, all those numbers confuse me lol
(06-06-2015, 03:32 PM)Faustie Wrote: There are two additional updates I hope to make soon:

Ease of use: Add an option to spawn a weapon and its ammo at the same time, and fix the descriptions for those with tiny monitors.

Weapon mods: Add player-crafted ammunition mods (magnum, match, slug, fletchette)

We're going to look at the data from your responses, and act upon it to the best of our ability. Currently the responses are spread pretty far, but the majority are in the positive by at least 1-2 points.

"Tiny monitors"

Well considering I play on a 37" I would hardly say it's a problem with small monitors lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Added this last night.

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=61166
When it says "Scale from 1 to 10". I assume this means that 1 is the worst in terms of opinion, and 10 is the best in terms of opinion.