SMART TOOL -I want an EXPLENATION
Hello fearless members, I'm here to protest today..
When I wss building a dupe normally perfect and I wanted to save it but I didnt have the WELD SMART tool..
Someone told me that it was taken out of the server because it lagged it but WHAT DO I USE NOW TO GET SAVE ALL THE PROPS TOGETHER?
I would like to have an fast answer more expecificly from an admin.. Thank you.

Freekillercy - FantochesPT
[Image: Portugal.jpg]
Not an admin but a teacher; Smart-Weld was removed because of the many constraints it created and the lag it caused when a dupe was pasted. To save your dupes now use the normal 'Weld' tool and weld the props together. Eg, Prop 1 to prop 2, prop 2 to prop 3, and so on. Or have one big prop somewhere to weld all the other props too.

No-collide tool also works.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Smart weld used to create 100s of constraints, so many constraints would lag the server.
For example:
40 Prop dupe smart welded created 800 constraints,
If that was pasted it would lag the server on its own, now imagine 75 * 40 prop dupes each containing 800 constraints.
Now you must weld manually with the weld tool to each prop.
If you find it difficult I would reccomend placing one prop in the middle of a dupe and welding everything to it. Then when pasting remove that prop.

N.B

If you wish support from an admin only, use the correct section
Easiest solution to attach all the props to one single dupe, is to nocolide them to one centerpoint prop as you go along during your building.

By the end you will have one dupe, and all connected, but still modifiable if you want to later without having to reweld anything.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Just manually weld everything together as you go along. Just like it used to be.
that is very bad
[Image: Portugal.jpg]