Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
(05-25-2015, 05:31 PM)Iac Wrote: -snip-

This is naive as fuck. You obviously have not met anyone who has experienced such trauma, yes racism is terrible and can seriously effect people but it's nothing compared to rape. The fact people discuss this shows how fucked up society is today, racism and discrimination included. I think personally in an IC perpective and if managed well the freedom and ability to discriminate and be racist could cause issues but also opens up to a lot of different RP styles.

RapeRP should never be introduced and that's final. I guarantee anyone who knows just what effects rape has on a person will agree with me in saying rape is degrading, awful and should never be introduced to a community that holds as a 'home' or regular playing server for younger and well-minded users.
The following 2 users Like DVN's post:
  • Wood, Matrix_
Yay this is awesome I always wanted this to happen, except the 10 minute NLR but who cares?
                                 Sincerely, Himalaya Eater       
[Image: wallpaper_far_cry_4_01.jpg]
                                                  +REP
The following 2 users Like Himalaya Eater's post:
  • Rolorox, Nevy
I'll argue that roleplaying rape is okay as long as all parties involved consent to it (out-of-character, that is). I suppose the same could be said about racism too.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(05-25-2015, 06:10 PM)Ms. Mudpie Wrote: I'll argue that roleplaying rape is okay as long as all parties involved consent to it (out-of-character, that is). I suppose the same could be said about racism too.

I agree with this.
(05-25-2015, 05:41 PM)DVN Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 05:31 PM)Iac Wrote: -snip-

This is naive as ***. 

If you cant comment without saying stuff like that dont bother at all, i rather not have this thread closed because of you.

To be clear, i like the new rules, i really do. I dont want to come over as someone who complains about everything but this racism thing has to be reconsidered when a large part of the community disagrees about this, it simply isnt the smartest thing to implement if you ask me.
Spent a bit of time on the server today and I was surprised to see that the world hadn't ended, that the servers weren't covered in flames or any sign of chaos.

Seems so that even if we've allowed discrimination and racism that people are actually still playing and enjoying themselves. I did not see any excessive racism or discrimination today and found there to be a rather friendly environment on v33x at-least.

Give it some time and people will find out what's excessive racism and discrimination. After a time, people will move on and behave like normal. I'm very glad to see when players are actually using these new rules to further develop and flesh out their role-plays instead of abusing these new rules just to be disgusting and to cause a negative environment.
Life moves on. If someone is not being nice ICly then just deal with them ICly. If you find them to be very excessive then contact a staff-member or ask them nicely in LOOC to stop.

If you guys really hate the new racism and discrimination rules, then write an official letter to movie & series-writers and game developers because they also "promote" racism and discrimination.

Enjoy yourself and remember that it's only a game.

Also: I will never allow rapeRP to be allowed on FL as long as I'm a staff-member. It's not going to happen.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I'm just happy that the rules have been updated, they're much cleaner and certain rules have been tweaked to make the game more interesting. I'm neutral on the racism issue, it haven't really seen it being used too often in a derogatory manner.
A 17 page discussion over the implications of allowing people to act like right-cunts to each other. lolokay.
For anyone who's going openly against the rule changes because muh feels, I wish I could get on my mic without getting to over-the-top, but holy crap you guys need to take a chill pill. This ilk about "muh feelings" "muh prejudice" and "muh liberal paradise" is a nauseating read. You people have clearly never been to an actually true segregated city, where jokes are so common about the problems, that no one gives a shit. My hometown of Buffalo, is segregated to the point a common bar phrase is: "Quickest way from Africa to Poland - Across the Lackawanna Bridge!" and yet no one shuts down like it's some sort of traumatic thing. It's an accepted fact of bygone eras. Racism will always exist, whether you like it or not. Also whether you like it or not, some people on that whole, "grr bigot" spectrum tend to also be able to make points for their arguments. Per example being those against interracial reproduction because of the societal stigmas, diseases, and problems that come with it.

Another thing which needs to be hammered into some of you youngsters is this: The world ain't fair.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipg4EL_JUyE
Eyup.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 5 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • alexxx, Ms. Mudpie, livkx, Matrix_, Benporium
Awesome.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
Call of Duty: Garrys Mod