Clan system
Well in regards to the clan war issues, is that having a single battle on an alternate server isn't a war, and through my experience, wasn't really all that fun either.  If it were to be done in the older system, cases in which 40+ clan members on the same server rarely occur, mainly because the war is constant, potentially lasting weeks. So small scale attacks on other people's bases etc is common, as is drive by shootings of rival clan members etc. Yes, it's agressive RP, but it is also fun, something which having 20 rules restricting what you can and can't do diminishes the fun. (In my opinion, anyway.)
There's nothing to say that clans themselves can't make rules between them. If they want it to be that you have to capture two people, or one of two people etc, they can. Nothing should be forced in that regard.
End of the day, drama and bitching is always going to occur. It shows that people are passionate about what they're doing, as if they weren't, they wouldn't get pissed?
TL: DR Regulation ruins fun for the most part. Give people the chance to make terms on their own basis rather than it being forced upon them.
*also* 
I get the feeling that most people's outlook on clan wars are that of an event. Why does it need admins to regulate it? I would much rather it be a system of sustained activity. If an admins not on, record. If anyone breaks the rules, make a BR, and have a deterrent such as *If found, and proved to be cheating, the perpetrator's team will automatically loose the clan war*.
A more fitting signature. 
Flood, with a bit of effort we can technically update the clan system to track kills and so on.

Jono, I agree. I've been going through the clan war rules and have already sliced off over half of them. To be honest, the only things that we really need are some basic rules to stop people being major dicks (i.e. clan representatives disconnecting before captures), some basic stuff about declaring wars, and victory conditions.

I think the default condition should be one representative has to be captured for, lets say, 30 minutes? But clans can otherwise make their own victory conditions, within reason, i.e. best of 3 captures, multiple representatives, etc.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Benporium, Floodify
I would agree to that. I would also implore you to remove rules regarding locations. I think clans should be able to go anywhere they want, quite frankly. (Obviously while obeying server rules, so no basing in nexus, or unrealistic places like apartments.)

I like the idea of a representative having to be held, as it adds a defence layer to clan wars, something which as of now, is somewhat pointless.

I don't know, I just feel like people should actually see the wars happening around them, so that all the 'Clan RP on the forums' can actually be seen by general members of the community. I feel that it might actually inspire people to create good clans, (Especially if there were clan only skins.)

Obviously this could incentivise agressiveRP, but in all honesty, it's not going to make a large amount of difference, but it will add a lot to the server dynamic.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Benporium
Everything you just said Jono.
While I haven't participated in a clan war before nor know the technicalities of them, I don't like the idea of simply letting them run about doing kidnappings and killings.

I personally don't really want to see that, other people might not want to see that and I also believe that it is going to send the wrong message to players who may be joining for the first time or are fairly new. From their perspective it may look like this form of AggressiveRP is promoted and can be done by anyone, as they probably wouldn't understand that it was simply clan conflict. I have my own idea of how the system can function in a proper and more appealing way, though it would require one of the Approved Suggestions to be moved into development.

New Property Systemhttp://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=10238

This proposed Property System makes it so that when you purchase one door on a property, it will purchase any doors within the property limit. (i.e. If you purchase the MTL gate, all doors within the boundary are owned). Every payday a rental fee is deducted, which varies depending on the location/size of the property. 

As proposed, the rental cost would be divided by those who were co-owning the property. We could simply make it so that if the property is purchased and is set to Clan-Access, the cost(s) can be divided amongst the clan members that are currently online. 

Clan Territory

With the New Property System functioning and tying together with the Clan System, it could be made so that other clans can claim rival clan territories. This would be an interesting feature that would allow clans to take ownership from the property by:
  • Having all clan members online occupy the rival clan's property zone for 30 minutes
  • Making lock picking the door have a % chance at retrieving keys to the property
  • Other
I think that Clan Territories should bring with them advantages, though I haven't thought up of any at this moment.

I think we should establish a fine line between Clan Skirmishes and Official Clan Wars. While clan's are likely going to have conflicts (Criminal Clans, Government Clans, Etcetera) I do not think that clan conflicts should be considered a war. Something such as an Official Clan War, which I believe results in the closing of the defeated party, should not be something that is occurring often. Skirmishes, however, would likely be happening often and I do not see a need to regulate that. 
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Davidson, Benporium
Ive always thought clan wars should NEVER result in a clans closure, conflicts should be about fun, bragging rights and potentialy a bet placed at the start of a fight.

Clans wish to fight eachother? Plan the fight out, have it on the event server and what not, and at the end, whatever was agreed upon and bet upon is exchanged, both groups had some fun, and they each go their seperate ways
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Benporium
(05-20-2015, 11:08 PM)BlackDog Wrote: Ive always thought clan wars should NEVER result in a clans closure, conflicts should be about fun, bragging rights and potentialy a bet placed at the start of a fight.

Clans wish to fight eachother? Plan the fight out, have it on the event server and what not, and at the end, whatever was agreed upon and bet upon is exchanged, both groups had some fun, and they each go their seperate ways

There needs to be something that can be lost, not just money because there's infinitive amount of money on FL. It needs to be something WORTH fighting for, perhaps if you win you gain control of opposing clans assets or a piece of it, like a heist in GTA V.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Jono
That'd be a good idea, the question is, what assets? We could have a limited number of top clans that get custom models, and you fight over that position, but it'd lead to constant war and dev work, so that's no good. What kind of asset could they fight over? Wages?
What about a portion of salaries going into a clan budget?
I think the priority for change should simply be the clan war rules. That's the main thing that'll get people interested in clans. Once that's done, then we can start looking at new clan systems and benefits etc.

What would people like to see as victory conditions? I think the best is play the representative game of having to capture for 30 minutes or so, and let clans choose 1 up to 3 representatives or something like that.

Or shall we just make it so that clans don't close on defeat, which would mean there are less actual 'wars' and it's just a game of skirmishes etc.