Fishing bait
I have been thinking about the whole " economy" thing and fishing bait.

After reading the post of Safira i changed my mind regarding the whole situation. Dont get me wrong, i love the ideas ive read so far for fishing but is it really needed? Will the experience of people really become better if there are multiple kinds of fish you can catch? I doubt it. The reason i sticked around on FL was because its simplicity. I was completely new to Gmod and however the experience was still overwhelming the learning curve wasnt that hard. I got the hang on everything quite quickly which motivated me to keep coming back!

With the new updates, the 101 commands and the very confusing ammo types i feel that this learning curve might have become too steep for beginners. Heck even i was confused with the new ammo while i have over 400 hours on the server. I love the updates that are coming out and it is a lot better " no update period" but you guys might be.... overdoing it right now. I would rather have the other updates polished before worrying about stuff like fishing bait.
Unfortunately, no matter how much we may polish existing features, there's only so much we can do. We've already tackled weapons, for the most part, and we're looking at some of the vehicles now. However, there's a limit to how much you can polish until you're just wasting development resources; it's why we have to look at a wide variety of updates.

The previous fishing/bait plan was much more complex, and required multiple types of rods as well as bait. We've gotten rid of the multiple rods idea in lieu of simply being able to equip any bait you wish on the standard fishing rod. You'll still be able to fish perfectly fine without bait, as you would now. But, for those players who want to catch better fish or fish faster, bait is available, and it'll add a line or two of new legal ways for players both new and old to earn money rather than contrawhoring: bait gathering, and bait processing, and of course a more competitive fish market.

As for commands: yes, we do have too many. It's an unfortunate side-effect of adding several updates for convenience i.e. those like /urgent, /backup, and /pursuit. /pursuit I've already tied into the secondary fire of the radar gun, so you no longer have to remember the command, but there are other commands that we want to try and clean up or incorporate into an easy-to-use GUI via the context menu.