Fishing bait
This is so bait
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
(04-27-2015, 04:49 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Faustie Wrote: Where would the community like to see this go? I have several ideas for fishing that I and the team have been discussing, but I'd like more feedback.

I'd like to see the current food market get replaced with a perhaps 100% player-driven food market

Perhaps growing vegetables which has been suggested before, or baking your own bread.

Sweet jesus yes
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
(04-27-2015, 04:49 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Faustie Wrote: Where would the community like to see this go? I have several ideas for fishing that I and the team have been discussing, but I'd like more feedback.

I'd like to see the current food market get replaced with a perhaps 100% player-driven food market

Perhaps growing vegetables which has been suggested before, or baking your own bread.

+Support
[Image: x0guvvR.png?1]
A Rep would help! Click here
The possibilities include:
- More bait varieties and types, all produced by the players, with different processes involved (not all gathering)
- More types of fish, but we'd have to nerf market foods to make people bother
- A fishing NPC as a place to sell fish cheap in case no-one buys - I'm on the fence about this. It means that there's a legal form of 'contraband', but I'd rather this entire update by 100% player-driven (though this isn't possible with the current food availability)
- Rods getting damaged and requiring repair, and upgraded rods
- An entity, spawned similar to contraband, that the players can use to do fishing-related crafting on (rods, bait, etc.)
- Other fishing tools, such as lobster cages.
Having different fish, some give more food than others, some have dodgy effects etc.
On top of that, if that chef stove update thing was added you could grill the fish too, etc.
I'd think its best to look through old suggestions until you find something that wobbles your boat.

On the note of these updates, I demand we get a grass cutter and we can cut the grass and turn it into hay, then we need a forklift truck to put it on a trailer and on top of that we need a tractor to pull the trailer. Pinky.
Now, wouldn't you love to drive around in a tractor with hay bales on your trailer?
I just cant find the baits.... I sweeped the whole map
If I understand correctly, getting worms is done the same was as fishing.
That basically means fishing twice for 1 fish. I think every worm catch should be 10 of them..

I personally don't like this update, it makes fishing a long and dull process.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • MacTavish, , Marty
(04-27-2015, 08:25 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: If I understand correctly, getting worms is done the same was as fishing.
That basically means fishing twice for 1 fish. I think every worm catch should be 10 of them..

I personally don't like this update, it makes fishing a long and dull process.

If its like what you understand then no,i dont like this.

But if its like you have a 40% chance of reeling in the fish w/o baits and 100% w/ baits then i kinda like it i guess.
(04-27-2015, 06:19 AM)Iac Wrote:
The possibilities include:
- More bait varieties and types, all produced by the players, with different processes involved (not all gathering)
- More types of fish, but we'd have to nerf market foods to make people bother
- A fishing NPC as a place to sell fish cheap in case no-one buys - I'm on the fence about this. It means that there's a legal form of 'contraband', but I'd rather this entire update by 100% player-driven (though this isn't possible with the current food availability)
- Rods getting damaged and requiring repair, and upgraded rods
- An entity, spawned similar to contraband, that the players can use to do fishing-related crafting on (rods, bait, etc.)
- Other fishing tools, such as lobster cages.
Having different fish, some give more food than others, some have dodgy effects etc.
On top of that, if that chef stove update thing was added you could grill the fish too, etc.
I'd think its best to look through old suggestions until you find something that wobbles your boat.

On the note of these updates, I demand we get a grass cutter and we can cut the grass and turn it into hay, then we need a forklift truck to put it on a trailer and on top of that we need a tractor to pull the trailer. Pinky.
Now, wouldn't you love to drive around in a tractor with hay bales on your trailer?

Yeah, that wouldnt be a nightmare to code and exterminate bugs at all.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Getting baits is standing in an area, waiting to crouch and then get one.

That's utterly boring and over-complicated.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • MacTavish,
(04-27-2015, 08:39 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Getting baits is standing in an area, waiting to crouch and then get one.

That's utterly boring and over-complicated.

Oh,then ill just forget my idea of getting rich off this way...