Gmod crash
So my gmod crash when i open the console.. any ideas why? thank you.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
The following 1 user Likes Pinky's post:
  • MacTavish
I swear someone else posted a thread about this
Can you dig in the logs for the error messange when you D/C?

([FL]Pinky has left the game ( What is inside here?))
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
I had this problem all the time. The cause for me was always different. I'd install a new addon and the problem would happen. Or I would have a clean Garrysmod go into FL and download the content then crash when opening. It was only resolved after I reformatted my computer due to a virus that wouldn't allow it to start.
Seems to be happening to alot of people, it used to happen to me but i fixed it, ill research what i did and it might help you.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
Thank you boys!
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:29300898&b=3]
Hey pinky i found you a solution, try this.
1-Steam liberary.
2-Right click on Garrys mod.
3-Launch Options.
4-Copy and paste this
Quote:-full -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -console -novid -w 1366 -h 768 +cl_cmdrate 100 +myinfo_bytes 2000 +cl_updaterate 101 +rate 30000 +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0
Enjoy.
This will help you alot trust me it helped me. It will increase your Fps and when you open console wont crash.
Hope it Helps man Cheese
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
-useforcedmparms, -noforcemaccel and -nofocemspd doesnt do anything for performance
Personaly i dont like -full, it forces fullscreen, can just be changed in the options menu w/o restarting the game.

OT: Try just adding -console first, see if that helps. If it doesnt add +myinfo_bytes 2000 and then +cl_updaterate 101. Add one thing at a time to see what line acualy fixes the problem.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
1.Open Gmod
2. Multiplayer
3. Legacy browser
4. Open console (Wont crash if you are't in game)
5. Type mat_dxlevel 90
6. Ready to play
A new gmod update reckt it all. My flashlight isnt working,i get this: Unknown command "flashlight"