[Guide] Music-Mic, Easiest Method.
Hi all, I'm bringing a guide on the easiest, most user friendly method of playing music or any sounds through your microphone for any application. This guide, however, is designed for Garry's Mod. I've included gifs and a diagram to help you.

Requirements:
A device (Phone, Tablet, MP3 Player) with a jack port (99% of all phones)
A PC With a Microphone port (99% of all PCs)
An aux cable, something which nearly all of you will have about. If not, they're cheap as chips @

Spoiler: Link
http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-GOLD-CABLE-AUDIO-Length/dp/B003VFFQAK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425409491&sr=1-1&keywords=3.5mm+aux

-Step One-
Plug the aux cable into the phone jack and the other aux cable jack into the laptop/PC microphone port.

-Step Two-
Head into your sound settings on Windows (I'm using Windows 7, however it is the same on Win8 )

Right Click on the mic port that you plugged it into and click on Set As Default Device. Make sure to set it as the default communication device too.

-Step Three-
In order for you to be able to hear the music whilst broadcasting it, this step should be followed. Select the device that we are working on and click the properties button.
Click on the Listen tab in the properties window that opened. Copy the following options.

-Step Four-
To control the sound that you hear from your input (Which is usually bloody loud) click on the volume icon, proceed to mixer and you can control it from there.

-Step Five-
Open up GMod. Start your music on your phone/tablet to test your own personal volume and adjust as wanted. Then, head into Garry's Mod settings. Click on the Voice tab and click Test Microphone. Adjust the volume on your Phone/Tablet OR adjust transmit volume, depending on what suits you best.
(Sorry For Bad Quality)

-Final Step-
Once in game, if you want your Mic to be on constantly to play music, follow these steps. Please note that using this without a valid RP reason can lead to trouble with staff members. Valid RP reasons can be whilst you're in a car, being near a radio/speaker prop (as long as you have a reason) or having a nightclub/DJ stand. Use common sense.

Open up your console and type in 

Code:
+voicerecord

When you want to turn off your mic, like if you exit your car, just press your mic button or type the following in the console
Code:
-voicerecord
I hope this helped! If you have any questions at all, please reply or PM me.
-Capy-
The following 4 users Like livkx's post:
  • Joykill, Joram, Tawee, Haarek
That's easier than what i use. I'll be sure to use this more often that my usual method which is opening up 3 VAC's and getting Foobar2000.
The following 1 user Likes Sammerh's post:
  • livkx
(03-03-2015, 08:02 PM)Sammerh Wrote: That's easier than what i use. I'll be sure to use this more often that my usual method which is opening up 3 VAC's and getting Foobar2000.

Yeah, this way is 100% the best for me. Super easier.
For international users (outside UK), dirt cheap AUX cable with free worldwide shipping. 1.4USD/cable: linky

By the way, really sweet guide. Probably will be giving it a shot later.
The following 1 user Likes Joykill's post:
  • livkx
(03-03-2015, 08:09 PM)Joykill Wrote: For international users (outside UK), dirt cheap AUX cable with free worldwide shipping. 1.4USD/cable: linky

By the way, really sweet guide. Probably will be giving it a shot later.

Glad I could help Smile
Awesome guide Capy! XD

Will try it tomorrow! I am too tired now Cheese
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • livkx
I'm not sure if I like this way of playing music through your mic, but it works. Good job!
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • livkx
(03-04-2015, 12:39 AM)Falcon Wrote: I'm not sure if I like this way of playing music through your mic, but it works. Good job!

It's the easiest in my opinion. Good for people who don't understand VAC too well. Or are lazy like me...
Nice, I would still use VAC and Foobar though. Just because you can setup more
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
The following 1 user Likes Joram's post:
  • livkx
Nice quide! I'm probably just going to get a VAC anyway.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • livkx